Using Dreamspark licence for Enterprise

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Miscellaneous Using Dreamspark licence for Enterprise

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author

Anyone ever try to use the Dreamspark licence to activate an Enterprise install? I have a copy of 7 Ultimate that I would really really like to use DirectAccess on. Really lame that they restrict to not only 7 Enterprise and Ultimate, but even from Server 08 R2 Standard.

People have said that it worked on R1, but I am not sure if it works on R2 as I am using Standard, not Enterprise. You could test this for us if you like 😉

Anonymous

People have said that it worked on R1, but I am not sure if it works on R2 as I am using Standard, not Enterprise. You could test this for us if you like 😉

I’ll post my results.

Anonymous

I’ll post my results.

Thats a big CONFIRMED :D. Just set it up in a Hyper-V box and it went through just fine.

Anonymous

Thats a big CONFIRMED :D. Just set it up in a Hyper-V box and it went through just fine.

@fred wrote:

Yes it definitely works for now on Std and ENt the same happened when I posted the original get free key at MDL, but they changed it when they ran out. So get them now before they are gone 🙂

Anonymous

@fred wrote:

Yes it definitely works for now on Std and ENt the same happened when I posted the original get free key at MDL, but they changed it when they ran out. So get them now before they are gone 🙂

Are the keys only usable once, or is it you can only have one copy activated with one key at a time?

Yeah, you don’t need to use a proxy I have found 😉

Anonymous

Are the keys only usable once, or is it you can only have one copy activated with one key at a time?

Funny thing is, now that I know I don’t really care. It seems that DirectAcess was supposed to be in the interprise level and not in standard, but they changed it. It’s in standard now too 😀

Anonymous

Funny thing is, now that I know I don’t really care. It seems that DirectAcess was supposed to be in the interprise level and not in standard, but they changed it. It’s in standard now too 😀

@xxcom9a wrote:

no idea. i took a chance and did it in a virtual box, so i hope its not one activation!

Anonymous

@xxcom9a wrote:

no idea. i took a chance and did it in a virtual box, so i hope its not one activation!

Has anyone tried this recently? I just did, and Windows tells me my Dreamspark key won’t work with the Enterprise Edition (from the Director’s Cut).

Are there any pre-modded Standard Editions out there? I’m not sure I want to mod it all by myself…

Anonymous

Has anyone tried this recently? I just did, and Windows tells me my Dreamspark key won’t work with the Enterprise Edition (from the Director’s Cut).

Are there any pre-modded Standard Editions out there? I’m not sure I want to mod it all by myself…

@mitohund wrote:

Unfortunately when MS ran out of the original DreamSpark keys (hmm I think that post was too popular) they only released new keys that only work now for Standard.

Anonymous

@mitohund wrote:

Unfortunately when MS ran out of the original DreamSpark keys (hmm I think that post was too popular) they only released new keys that only work now for Standard.

Thanks for the reply and good to know that the keys actually changed. Nobody seemed to know anywhere I went.

But luckily ExpertUser released the OEM project a few days ago which lets you choose during install which edition you want. So I reinstalled, chose Standard, typed in the Dreamspark key, and voila!

Best Windows I ever had, and that’s on a Mac via Boot Camp!

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply and good to know that the keys actually changed. Nobody seemed to know anywhere I went.

But luckily ExpertUser released the OEM project a few days ago which lets you choose during install which edition you want. So I reinstalled, chose Standard, typed in the Dreamspark key, and voila!

Best Windows I ever had, and that’s on a Mac via Boot Camp!

Viewing 20 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.