TMM Service from Vista

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Miscellaneous TMM Service from Vista

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Hey there,

Thank you for all the work you’ve done to get WS2008 to such a level. There are only a few open items still remaining for me to handle, and the one that I can not seem to resolve is the TMM (transient multi monitor) service from Vista.

Basically if the service is ran (setup by scheduled tasks, I am unsure of the exactly setup) it detects and sets up your monitors accordingly.

Very useful for laptops like mine. Could you please take a look and see if there is any chance of migrating this service?

Thanks!

Knife

Arris

I tried the following and didn’t get errors nor I could test if it works:

Vista Actions
        1. Get the file C:WindowsSystem32TMM.dll from a Windows Vista SP1 PC with the same architecture your Windows Server 2008 is running.
        2. Open the Task Scheduler (Start [->Run] -> taskschd.msc) and expand: Task Scheduler (Local) -> Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows -> MobilePC. Right click TMM and choose Export….
        3. Open the Registry (Start [->Run] -> regedit) and export the key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTCLSID{35EF4182-F900-4632-B072-8639E4478A61}.

Server 2008 Actions
        1. Paste TMM.dll in C:WindowsSystem32.
        2. Open the Task Scheduler (Start [->Run] -> taskschd.msc), expand Task Scheduler (Local) -> Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft, right click the Windows ‘folder’ and choose Import Task…. Select the xml file you exported in the previous step 2 and click Open.
        3. Import the registry file you exported by double-clicking the .reg file you exported.
        4. Logout of Windows, Login again and see if it works.

Good luck!

Arris

I’ll try this later tonight.

Thanks again!

Well, one problem. My VISTA test box at our office was converted to Ubuntu, so I have no access to a Vista machine at this time. Could you possibly email/post those files and exports?

Thanks if you can!

I have access to a vista sp1 but what version 32 or 64 ?

x86 please amigo.

sorry for the delay.

http://rapidshare.com/files/158844789/TMM.zip

Let us know how you go. This is from a Vista SP1 x86.

**Link Updated **

Sorry again for the delay. I’ve run both 2 and 3 now and the arhive has been reuploaded with the required 3 files plus a readme pointing to this thread for more info.

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.