System unresponsive when copying data/installing software

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Applications Compatibility System unresponsive when copying data/installing software

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I have priority set for applications in the advanced system settings, but I was wondering if there is anything else I can do for this?

It seems to be giving too much priority to IO devices which makes everything basically stop while it copies at max speed.

sorry for making two new topics one after another, but its unrelated to hyper-v 🙂

try updates ur drivers for chips set and sata contorller

GL

Arris

Maybe it IS related to Hyper-V! Do you have the same problems when not having Hyper-V installed? It seems that many people get performance problems after installing Hyper-V.

@Arris wrote:

Maybe it IS related to Hyper-V! Do you have the same problems when not having Hyper-V installed? It seems that many people get performance problems after installing Hyper-V.

Nah, it wasn’t Hyper-V

I figured out the problem with HDTune.
        Needless to say I got a new 750gb 7200 rpm w/32mb cache on the way. Other than this I think I am ready to get Win2008 running perfectly, now if only Hyper-V would work! :mrgreen:

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.