SuperFetch missing

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Miscellaneous SuperFetch missing

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

SuperFetch seems to have been removed from Windows Server 2008 R2 because I do not see it in my services list. Is there any way to possibly install or enable it?

Arris

That’s right! I have also tried to install it manually by copying and registering %windir%System32sysmain.dll from Windows Server 2008 x64 but it refuses to start. Maybe you can compare Windows 7 x64 beta and Windows Server 2008 R2 beta to implement it? However, I think it’s to early to try to hack the new Server 2008, so I’ll just wait! 😉

@Arris wrote:

That’s right! I have also tried to install it manually by copying and registering %windir%System32sysmain.dll from Windows Server 2008 x64 but it refuses to start. Maybe you can compare Windows 7 x64 beta and Windows Server 2008 R2 beta to implement it? However, I think it’s to early to try to hack the new Server 2008, so I’ll just wait! 😉

I worked on this for days on end. I made ZERO progress with it, it’s proving to be harder than what I did to bring ReadyBoost to Server 2008 R1!

I agree with Arris – it’s too early to start hacking around with the hardcore conversion stuff. I’ve actually compared a lot of the system files between 2008 R2 and Win7 x64, and even explorer.exe are different between the two. This is completely new to me, I think the public beta’s are both based on different internal builds.

Or, Microsoft has discovered our little community here (or the other ones), and implemented methods to prevent our uber-l33t efforts. I sure hope not.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.