[SOLVED] Vista64 driver won’t even try to install…

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Hardware Compatibility [SOLVED] Vista64 driver won’t even try to install…

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

After successfully installing all other drivers (video, audio and printer) on my R2 I had only one exclamation-marked “Unknown device” in the Device Manager left. In the Properties -> Details I could find that it is “ACPIATK0110”. I suppose this is the reason of Suspend and Hibernate being not available right now (which is a serious problem as I need hibernation to work). This cannot be a BIOS problem because Suspend and Hibernate work on my second OS (Ubuntu).

This is what I found on ASUS website for my P5K SE motherboard:
      http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?model=P5K%20SE&os=25&SLanguage=en-us

As you can see, there is no sign of Windows 7. Obviously, I tried Vista64 drivers (as far as I know they are generally compatible) for the ATK but it refused to install just because it has no idea about this OS (see the attached screenshot). I am almost sure it would install and work fine if only it didn’t check for the OS version. Therefore, the question:
      Is there any way to make the installer think that I’m running Windows Vista, like maybe editing some registry keys?

P.S. About some other drivers from their list (just in case it might be useful):
      BIOS was ignored as I have the latest BIOS already.
      Chipset driver installed successfully but didn’t solve the issue.
      AUDIO was ignored as I use separate audio card anyway.
      IDE was ignored as I use only SATA devices.
      LAN was ignored as it worked out-of-the-box.
      From Utilities I only installed ASUS Update. I thought it can update drivers but it can only update BIOS so I uninstalled it right away.

The drivers are compatible, however the ASUSInstaller isn’t. You need to install the drivers through the Device Manager instead of using the ASUSsetup. Just right click > update drivers > browse and point to the inf files.

Anonymous

The drivers are compatible, however the ASUSInstaller isn’t. You need to install the drivers through the Device Manager instead of using the ASUSsetup. Just right click > update drivers > browse and point to the inf files.

For me there was two setup files in those archives. Asussetup.exe and setup.exe… just using the setup.exe did the trick. Not sure if this is the case for you?

Anonymous

For me there was two setup files in those archives. Asussetup.exe and setup.exe… just using the setup.exe did the trick. Not sure if this is the case for you?

same here! use the one with the “installshield” icon labelled “setup.exe” and not the assetup. I don’t know why they even bothered to put that one in there and confuse people but oh well.

Anonymous

same here! use the one with the “installshield” icon labelled “setup.exe” and not the assetup. I don’t know why they even bothered to put that one in there and confuse people but oh well.

@Krkan wrote:

Thank you! This solved the issue. 😎

Lehto
            RemixedCat
            I’ve tried all EXE-files but none worked. Probably you had another driver…

Anonymous

@Krkan wrote:

Thank you! This solved the issue. 😎

Lehto
              RemixedCat
              I’ve tried all EXE-files but none worked. Probably you had another driver…

Viewing 8 reply threads
          • The topic ‘[SOLVED] Vista64 driver won’t even try to install…’ is closed to new replies.