Small Logon Problem

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Miscellaneous Small Logon Problem

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

For some reason, when I go to logon I don’t have my user picture and it does auto logon which I don’t want. Then when I turn auto logon off, I have to type in the user name and the password. Can anyone lend a hand?

My guess:

Either because of “Do not show last logged on user name” in local group policy, or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947708/en-us.

Anonymous

My guess:

Either because of “Do not show last logged on user name” in local group policy, or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947708/en-us.

@psych0t1c wrote:

For some reason, when I go to logon I don’t have my user picture and it does auto logon which I don’t want. Then when I turn auto logon off, I have to type in the user name and the password. Can anyone lend a hand?

Auto-logon – bypasses the Username/Password/Picture screen.

No auto-logon – makes you type your username/password at the picture screen.

I don’t exactly see what you want to happen, did you want it so your account has no password so you just click your name? If so, remove your password (if it lets you).

Anonymous

@psych0t1c wrote:

Auto-logon – bypasses the Username/Password/Picture screen.

No auto-logon – makes you type your username/password at the picture screen.

I don’t exactly see what you want to happen, did you want it so your account has no password so you just click your name? If so, remove your password (if it lets you).

On windows seven and any other os I been on, it never did this. I just type my pass in.

Anonymous

On windows seven and any other os I been on, it never did this. I just type my pass in.

Viewing 6 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.