Server Manager won’t start

Forums General Feedback Server Manager won’t start

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hello everybody, I’ve just started using Win2008 (DataCenter Edition x64). Everything have worked fine, except two things.
      The first is quite annoying… But my Server Manager won’t start. When I start it from the Administration Panel I only get the Computer Manager and if I try to start it from C:Windowssystem32ServerManager it starts, but hangs as fast as it’s loaded.
      Anybody who knows what this can be? I belive it became like this when I tried to get the aero themes etc with the converter.
      The second problem isn’t that big, but still annoying. When installing ACDSee Pro 2 I get an error message saying that there’s something wrong with sti.dll or that it’s missing…

Would be great with some feedback, I really like Win 2008 🙂

@murmel wrote:

Hello everybody, I’ve just started using Win2008 (DataCenter Edition x64). Everything have worked fine, except two things.
      The first is quite annoying… But my Server Manager won’t start. When I start it from the Administration Panel I only get the Computer Manager and if I try to start it from C:Windowssystem32ServerManager it starts, but hangs as fast as it’s loaded.
      Anybody who knows what this can be? I belive it became like this when I tried to get the aero themes etc with the converter.
      The second problem isn’t that big, but still annoying. When installing ACDSee Pro 2 I get an error message saying that there’s something wrong with sti.dll or that it’s missing…

Would be great with some feedback, I really like Win 2008 🙂

ACDSee problem, no idea sorry.

But your first problem, that is telling me you are using an illegal crack. All cracks for 2008 break the Server Manager. Buy it legally.

Arris

Just installed the trial version of acdseepro-2-5-332-en.exe and it works without any problems! I also have the file sti.dll in %windir%system32 which has as description “Still Image Devices client DLL”. It is possible that you need to have the Desktop Experience feature installed in order to install/use ACDSee?

JonusC is right about the Server Manager: just don’t use cracks and everything works fine! 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.