(Resolved) Missing Capatcha on "Exceeded login amount" page

Forums General Feedback (Resolved) Missing Capatcha on "Exceeded login amount" page

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

If you type the wrong password multiple times (I did because for some reason I thought my password was different on this site..) 😕 you will get the “Exceeded login amount, please enter the confirmation code to login.” page or whatever – it’s in the screenshot below.

In Firefox it displays like this (no image):

and in Chrome + IE8 it shows up with a coloured square/red “x” (respectively) above the “Enter the code here:” box thingy.

The only way I could login was if I clicked the “forgot my password” link. Is this a result of the PHP upgrade you did?

FireFox is a bit special. I quit using it and I am using IE8! Got a tab that is out of control. kill it and keep your browser intact.

it uses something called Loosely Coupled IE witch makes each tab load in it’s own process!

Youtube does this all the time and flash bloats like hell. I just find the tab that is using too much ram (sometimes will bloat to 300 some just for it) and kill that tab process. and INSTANT BLOAT CONTROL!

I also discovered that is the reason browsers bloat. THE FLASH DEVELOPER FORGOT TO TELL THE SCRIPT TO CLOSE THE MEMORY!!! it is extra bad if you are using a browser such as firefox where all tabs are one process. you gotta restart the browser! IE is definitly more stable becuase of that!

one tab does not crash the entire browser! unlike crashfox.

I use IE8, Chrome 3 and Firefox 3.5.2, but either way, the capatcha form is busted there.

Chrome has individual processes for tabs too I believe.

Arris

I should have known that there is also a captcha at the exceeded logonscreen, but haven’t thought about implementing it. Also, at the page where I installed the plugin from is no explanation about how to also install it in this screen. I know I can look at how it is implemented for the recaptcha input-field at the register page and apply it to the exceeded logonscreen script, but I don’t think it has that much priority.

If you like to get it working you may fix it; otherwise just don’t mistype your password too often! 😉 Anyway, thanks for reporting it! 🙂

It was mainly because I use about 5 passwords on tons of sites, so for some reason I used the wrong passwords… I’m still doing it now but I normally catch myself on the second time.

Arris

@xxcom9a wrote:

It was mainly because I use about 5 passwords on tons of sites, so for some reason I used the wrong passwords… I’m still doing it now but I normally catch myself on the second time.

Yeah, I recognize the problem of trying old/passwords for other websites on the wrong website. 😆 I don’t save them in IE/FF anymore because of nearly all the botnet/trojan-software sends them to some scriptkiddie which abuses these credentials… 🙄

@Arris wrote:

@xxcom9a wrote:

Yeah, I recognize the problem of trying old/passwords for other websites on the wrong website. 😆 I don’t save them in IE/FF anymore because of nearly all the botnet/trojan-software sends them to some scriptkiddie which abuses these credentials… 🙄

I’ve never really believed in saving passwords like when IE/FF says “Do you want to save your password on this site?” I’d always click No. Sometimes I use the “Remember Me” features, but a lot of the time I use private browsing/InPrivate so I still have to type it anyways.

/Closed.

Viewing 6 reply threads
      • The topic ‘(Resolved) Missing Capatcha on "Exceeded login amount" page’ is closed to new replies.