Power plans grayed out

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Miscellaneous Power plans grayed out

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,
      I’m using windows server 2008 R2 as workstation and everything is fine.
      I just can’t select any Power plan from the tray icon as normal user!
      I’ve been looking for a solution for a long time. I found that this has something to do with “Group Policy”. But i didn’t find anything in “Group Policy” related to this.

Thanks for any help, sorry for my bad english!

Ciao ciao

See if anything in this topic helps you:
      viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1041

Anonymous

See if anything in this topic helps you:
        viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1041

Thanks for reply.
        In that post I can read:

I assume your user account is a member of the Administrator group?

Well… my account is not member of the Administrator group and I don’t want that to happen. Anyway I tried that solution, but it didn’t work.

Also, have you tried to select a predefined power scheme in Group Policy Editor?

I tried, it doesn’t fix it (but I did’n do a reboot), and I don’t understand why it should work.

I’m going to give up, I tried many tricks, I made some changes in regedit too, but nothing changed.

Thanks a lot. I saw you opened that thread, have you solved?

thanks, bye bye

Anonymous

Thanks for reply.
          In that post I can read:

I assume your user account is a member of the Administrator group?

Well… my account is not member of the Administrator group and I don’t want that to happen. Anyway I tried that solution, but it didn’t work.

Also, have you tried to select a predefined power scheme in Group Policy Editor?

I tried, it doesn’t fix it (but I did’n do a reboot), and I don’t understand why it should work.

I’m going to give up, I tried many tricks, I made some changes in regedit too, but nothing changed.

Thanks a lot. I saw you opened that thread, have you solved?

thanks, bye bye

Nope. I tried a few things mentioned in the last post, but none of them worked, so I kind of gave up. I don’t really switch between power plans anyway, so it isn’t a huge issue for me, I just wanted to know if this was normal for R2.

Anonymous

Nope. I tried a few things mentioned in the last post, but none of them worked, so I kind of gave up. I don’t really switch between power plans anyway, so it isn’t a huge issue for me, I just wanted to know if this was normal for R2.

Viewing 6 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.