Only low resolutions with HD4850

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Hardware Compatibility (New) Only low resolutions with HD4850

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

I have just installed the ATI HD4850 graphic card (Gainward Golden Sample version) with the latests drivers available in the website (v8.11 – 8-11_vista64_dd_70230.exe).

The card is well recognized by Windows 2008 (64bits edition) : Ati Radeon HD 4800 Series and the CCC is working fine.

My big problem is that I can only choose between two resolutions (800×600 or 1024×768).

Is there any way to solve this problem ?

Thanks a lot

Arris

If you have installed all latest drivers of your graphics accelerator and eventually monitor properly I don’t know what the cause of this problem can be. You can try to force to use a higher resolution using the PowerStrip tool.

Also one more thing you can try is to go to the Device Manager (Start -> Run -> devmgmt.msc) and, expand Monitors, right-click your monitor and choose Update Driver Software…. Now choose Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, uncheck Show compatible hardware and choose an SVGA driver with the highest resolution your monitor can handle.

Hope this helps you a bit!

Hi,

it was simply my very old monitor that is supporting a maximum resolution to 1024×768 !

Thanks

Arris

Haha, we are just thinking too complex! 😀

Viewing 3 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.