Nvidia driver won’t work ??

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Hardware Compatibility (New) Nvidia driver won’t work ??

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hello all!
      First thx admin for a great site! This site got me start using server 2008. So thx !

My problem is that, when trying installing nvidia video driver i fails. Well installation run fine, but then when rebooting… It show the desktop for a few seconds, then my pc screen turn off. I did try the newest one for my Nvidia 7600GT and a beta… but still same problem.

I tryed while booting up, hit F7/F8, and tryed “Lowered resolution”. Too see if that was coasing the problem… but no.

Any help? Which drivers work and which dosen’t.

Thanks again

It now work!

The only thing I did was taking out the grafik card and then back in. And also unplugged the SVHS cable….

It now works…

Arris

Hehe, strange way to get it working but I am happy for you it works now! 😉 Thanks for the compliments and have fun using Windows Server 2008! 🙂

Thought I’d bump this, rather than start a new thread.

Had the same issue as above, but only first time starting pc, it would do the loading bar, but then screen would stay blank, restart, all fine.

After a random crash last night, I updated the drivers (nvidia 175.16). Now everytime, after loading bar, screen actually turns off (no signal).

If i start in safe mode , its fine. If i start in low res mode, still nothing. If i remove the nvidia driver, and use standard graphics driver (which on an AU$400 card hurts), windows is ok.

Have tried the driver that came with it (asus 174.40), but I’m not 100% sure with this windows it actually went back a version, it may have been using 175.16 (latest nvidia). Going to try latest Asus driver (174.74).

edit: Wiped a heap of nvidia files to force 174.74 to actually install. Still starts up crap, but the cable swap trick above worked.

Plugged in both analog and DVI (chimei/acer/benq 22 has both), now its on analog and seems ok.

Could be this screen’s DVI doesn’t pick up the signal properly, seems strange though.

2 Immo:

I had frequently this issue when working with SLI on XP.
        For some reason, sometime (couldn’t establish a pattern) the system assigned as primary display the TV (inexistent) or a 2nd (also inexistent) monitor.

I was connecting remotely with Dameware and configure the monitor as primary display and for a while everyting worked fine.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you solved it.

Regards,
        S

This is odd as im using a 9600GT and the latest beta Driver on server 2008 Ent x64
        and not had a single issue. driver version is . 177.92

other than that my setup is a 22″ Iiyama WS runnign 1680×1050

perhaps its a failing of Direct x 10 compatabiltiy? have u checked DXdiag?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.