New Member-Dick Miller

Forums General Introduction New Member-Dick Miller

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I am a retired IBM Senior System Engineer. I retired May 1, 1987, at age 50, (you do the math), and haven’t earned an honest dime since.
      I have 5 systems installed, 1 being Windows Home Server. I upgraded the Vista delivered PCs with XP Pro almost immediately.
      I was one of the early XP users, paying $30.00 for a beta and 2 release candidates.
      I also had the same for Vista at no cost except wasted time.
      All my machines are configured as classic. (IE look like Win 98).
      I have had a PC, of some flavor, since IBM delivered to IBM employees in 1981 or 1982. I told you I’m older than most of your fathers. My main PC today is a DELL XPS 410, ordered with XP.
      I thought it might be interesting to try Server 2008 as a pure workstation. I looked at the pricing and changed my mind. I will remain as a sideline member of this forum to see what is developing.
      Dick Miller
      Hot Springs Village, Arkansas, USA.
      dmillergv at suddenlink.net

Arris

Hey, welcome at the forums. Sounds you have worked for years in the computer business and have a lot of experience! About the pricing: you can use it for 240 days so if you have some pc left, I’d try Windows 2008 Workstation if I were you! 😉

See you around at the forum/blog! :geek:

Greetings, Arris

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.