Nero 6 can work under 2008R2

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Applications Compatibility Nero 6 can work under 2008R2

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I have used Nero6 for some time and find it a great piece of software. It refused to work under Vista and, whilst it installed OK under 2008R2, it initially failed with a “SCSI error” when attempting to burn a disc. Given that my machine is only a couple of weeks old (HP ML350) and Nero6 is quite aged now, this result was not entirely unexpected and may well be down to Nero not addresssing the capabilities of the new drive correctly. Anyway, I configured the drive under “Recorder/Choose Recorder/Options” for “Current Recorder Setting” after which I was able to burn CDs and DVDs quite happily although I did push the write speed down a notch to be sure. Both types of disk wrote fine and I’ve checked these on another machine.

Hope this helps someone

@stanowen wrote:

I have used Nero6 for some time and find it a great piece of software. It refused to work under Vista and, whilst it installed OK under 2008R2, it initially failed with a “SCSI error” when attempting to burn a disc. Given that my machine is only a couple of weeks old (HP ML350) and Nero6 is quite aged now, this result was not entirely unexpected and may well be down to Nero not addresssing the capabilities of the new drive correctly. Anyway, I configured the drive under “Recorder/Choose Recorder/Options” for “Current Recorder Setting” after which I was able to burn CDs and DVDs quite happily although I did push the write speed down a notch to be sure. Both types of disk wrote fine and I’ve checked these on another machine.

Hope this helps someone

none admin accounts might need the tool “nero burnrights” which will create a “nero” users group. all restricted users can be added to that group via server manager, so they can burn too.

the tool is freeware and is on the products homepage for download .

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.