Lite-On SOSW-833S

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Hi This doesnt seem to be functioning correctly, I cant burn anything to disk via the Right Click send to (doesnt appear in there) and In Windows Media Player when i click on the burn tab i just get connect the burner and restart the player message.
      It seems to think that my drive is just a DVD and CD Player 😡

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

I have not gotten to testing my burner yet. I did get the latest firmware on my LiteOn drive. I will try and test it soon so that I can help you with this issue.

This brings me back to some problems I have had with SATA CD/DVD burners on both Intel and Secondary Controller (Marvel, JMicron, and so on). If I placed my SATA CD/DVD burner on the Secondary Controller Windows XP and Vista would both see it as a ATAPI drive and not a normal CD/DVD drive. That caused it do never burn a thing. It considered it to be just a CD/DVD player and that was all. When I placed it at the end of the line on my Intel ICH7R or ICH8R controller it would not even see it in the BIOS. It was not even considered to be there, period. I am beginning to wonder if the drive comapnies are falling behind on technology, since i have had this issue on two different mainboards. Since I do not own a board other then Intel, I could not test it withother primary controllers. When I contacted LiteOn they said it was the controller and when i contacked MSI and Intel they told me it was the drive or firmware. Finger pointing always finds its way to to the front.

Sooner or later I will figure it out.

Yes shrugging shoulders and saying its not our fault/problem seems to be the way companies act these days…

This Drive is in my Alienware Sentia 3450 laptop and i have been unable to find any new firmware for it.

But whats really intresting is i have now installed Clone CD and that is working perfect, so to get my wma’s burnt to audio cd i may try and install roxio/nero etc just to see if they work… I always try to avoid these apps as there so bloated nowadays when i would just want to burn an audio cd!

So it seems that WMP11 and the “Right click > Send to” shell extention are the problems, i wonder if there is feature that is needed to install to get these to work?

Have you ever tried PowerISO. It is all I use and now I have my brother using it. He told me a few days ago that he has yet to find an equal.

Hi,

Been Playing around with PowerISO today but unfortunatly it wont burn the DRM Protected WMA’s to Audio CD even though i have the DRM Rights 🙁 I believe to do this i can only use WMP.

But I found a way to add data to CD now.

Run CMD prompt as administrator
      Format /fs:udf

Then i can just drag and drop files onto the open disk and manually eject it.

I have also plugged in an External CDRW Drive and had no luck with that too, I guess WMP11 just doesnt like Server 2008, just seems strange that no one else has reported this problem yet …

Arris

Burning music cds with Windows Media Player 11 works fine for me with RN8213I IZC130M SCSI CdRom Device, so it isn’t a compatibility problem between WMP and Server 2008.

@leehorus wrote:

Hi,

Been Playing around with PowerISO today but unfortunatly it wont burn the DRM Protected WMA’s to Audio CD even though i have the DRM Rights 🙁 I believe to do this i can only use WMP.

To tell you the truth, I have never tried the audio parts of PowerISO in regards to WMA’s. I hate the whole DRM stuff (this is a public place or i would have not been so nice) and almost always change my music over to MP3 format. I realize I may be that guy that sites in jail for Audio Right’s infrengment, but I do not care. I paid good money for a very bad album and only intend on one or two songs to ever cross my ears. That is the reason I cut them to MP3 and then blend them with other’s music.

I will try and figure out why that fails to work though.

@Triel wrote:

@leehorus wrote:

Hi,

To tell you the truth, I have never tried the audio parts of PowerISO in regards to WMA’s. I hate the whole DRM stuff (this is a public place or i would have not been so nice) and almost always change my music over to MP3 format. I realize I may be that guy that sites in jail for Audio Right’s infrengment, but I do not care. I paid good money for a very bad album and only intend on one or two songs to ever cross my ears. That is the reason I cut them to MP3 and then blend them with other’s music.

I will try and figure out why that fails to work though.

I totally agree with you these WMA’s im trying to burn were free with a collectors edition game (via entering a code at directsong.com) … I only wanted to burn them to audio cd so I could rip em again to remove any DRM lol…

Not that I condone music theft, but use cdtomp3freeware for your CD recode. There are also dozens of free programs that will do files for you.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.