kaspersky anti-virus 2009

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Applications Compatibility kaspersky anti-virus 2009

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #43155

      hallo,
      Anyone tried to install the newest kaspersky anti virus version(2009)?
      It always say . its the wrong os. I tired it witht the modified vbs script, draged the msi installing file into it nd it shot out an error:
      script : c:…fix msi.vbs
      line: 26
      char: 1
      error: openview.sql
      code: 800004005
      source: msi apo error

      btw the vbs script wz for the version 7 so i guess it doesnt work nymore fore th 2009 version.

      Can sumone help me with this here?

      thank you
      greets
      spacsp

    • #46474
      Arris
      Moderator

      Follow these steps:
      1. Download kav8.0.0.357en.exe from http://www.kaspersky.com/anti-virus_trial/.
      2. Make sure 7-Zip is installed (can be downloaded from http://www.7-zip.org/).
      3. Right click kav8.0.0.357en.exe and in the 7-Zip menu choose “Extract to kav8.0.0.357en”.
      4. Install Orca MSI Editor from here, rightclick the in the previous step extracted kav.en.msi and choose Edit with Orca.
      5. Open the CustomAction table, look for the row with as Action: ErrorIncompatibleOSTypeShow, rightclick it and choose Drop Row.
      6. Save the msi and install! :geek:

    • #46475

      did that, edited the MSI, before reading this post. BUT upon reboot the machine is now getting to the login screen and then reboots itself. Over and over and over

      Ok, tried on a fresh install of 2k8 (32bit) and same problem – thank goodness for PING (Partimage Is Not Ghost). Quick restore to a bootable system.

      Oh well…..

      Bryan

    • #46476
      Arris
      Moderator

      Hm sounds like the Kaspersky driver is not compatible with Windows Server 2008 and therefore crashes Windows Server 2008. Probably if you start Windows in Safe Mode and take a look into the Event Viewer (Start->Run->eventvwr.msc) in the Windows Logs -> System Logfile you ‘ll see the error that crashed Windows Server 2008. You can also remove Kaspersky via Safe Mode and then restart Windows to functional normally again.

      [s:usedziwc]Advice: Just don't install Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 in Windows Server 2008 x86! :geek:[/s:usedziwc]

      Edit: See next comments how to configure it so it works fine on Windows Server 2008.

    • #46477

      🙁 thts sad. is there really no other option?

    • #46478

      UPDATE

      While KIS 2009 does NOT seem to work with 2008 32Bit (at least not for my many attempts), it DOES in fact work on the 64Bit platform!!

      Enjoy

    • #46479

      THANKYOU! Was getting tired of using ESET, have more trust in kaspersky 😛 THanks heaps, KIS2009 working on vista server 64 bit. Just follow the procedure Arris described and you should be fine.

    • #46480

      it also works with Server 2008 Standard 32 Bit 😀

    • #46481

      Nice! How did you get it to work?

    • #46482

      this way…

      @Arris wrote:

      Follow these steps:
      1. Download kav8.0.0.357en.exe from http://www.kaspersky.com/anti-virus_trial/.
      2. Make sure 7-Zip is installed (can be downloaded from http://www.7-zip.org/).
      3. Right click kav8.0.0.357en.exe and in the 7-Zip menu choose “Extract to kav8.0.0.357en”.
      4. Install Orca MSI Editor from here, rightclick the in the previous step extracted kav.en.msi and choose Edit with Orca.
      5. Open the CustomAction table, look for the row with as Action: ErrorIncompatibleOSTypeShow, rightclick it and choose Drop Row.
      6. Save the msi and install! :geek:

    • #46483

      Hello Friends,

      I just thought I’d add my experience with KIS 2009 as well. It did not work for me and sent my computer into a perpetual reboot. I went into Safe Mode (with Networking) to uninstall KIS 2009. Unfortunately KIS 2009 would not uninstall because the MSI Server was not running (first time for me). I thought I was going to have to format my computer not knowing how to remedy the situation however I gratefully stumbled across this site:

      http://juice.altiris.com/headsup/2530/windows-installer-%2526amp%3B-safe-mode

      All is well again in Windows Server 2008 as Workstation Land. 🙂

      I hope this helps someone else.

    • #46484

      @bryanh wrote:

      UPDATE
      While KIS 2009 does NOT seem to work with 2008 32Bit (at least not for my many attempts), it DOES in fact work on the 64Bit platform!!

      I am experiencing quite the opposite. Until yesterday I had KIS 2009 working perfectly in my workstationed Windows Server 2008 32bit. This morning I installed the 64bit version, later followed by KIS 2009 8.0.357, and as soon as the installation program ends and the configuration begins, my ethernet connection starts going on and off. As soon as I uninstall it, the connection returns to normal, whether I reboot or not.

      I have tried KIS 8.0.454, as well as KAV, with the same results. I think this might be a hardware/driver incompatibility. My ethernet interface is based on the Realtek 8168 chip, and I’m using the drivers available at the Gigabyte website.

      Could you please tell me if your ethernet chip/card is different from mine?

    • #46485

      I’ve experimented quite a bit with both KAV and KIS 2009 under Server x86. Here are my experiences:

      –>Heuristic scanning causes my system to crash. Therefore, disable heuristic analysis in both the Quick and Full Scan settings.
      –>All entries under “System Security” (KIS) caused my system to crash. I don’t remember offhand if KAV had a similar tab, but if it did, I expect that you would have similar results. So that excludes the Firewall, Application Filtering, and Proactive Defense (HIPS).

      Other than those everything seems to be working! I tend to believe that the System Security problems have something to do with the HIPS, since my computer would crash at the first setup (scanning the system for applications).

    • #46486

      Update: Proactive Defense is now working after running the Security Analyzer (from System Security) in Safe Mode. YMMV?

    • #46487

      Update: After lots of testing, I found out that KIS/KAV run perfectly on 32-bit Server IF you have DEP/PAE disabled. If you have <= 3GB of memory, it's worth a shot! You don't need PAE anyway... DEP is your call. At the command line, type:


      bcdedit /set nx AlwaysOff
      bcdedit /set pae ForceDisable

      Then reboot. 🙂

    • #46488

      hello all. i just wanted to thank you guys for this instruction to get my kaspersky to work with server 08 😀

    • #46489

      @TheDark wrote:

      I am experiencing quite the opposite. Until yesterday I had KIS 2009 working perfectly in my workstationed Windows Server 2008 32bit. This morning I installed the 64bit version, later followed by KIS 2009 8.0.357, and as soon as the installation program ends and the configuration begins, my ethernet connection starts going on and off. As soon as I uninstall it, the connection returns to normal, whether I reboot or not.

      I have tried KIS 8.0.454, as well as KAV, with the same results. I think this might be a hardware/driver incompatibility. My ethernet interface is based on the Realtek 8168 chip, and I’m using the drivers available at the Gigabyte website.

      Could you please tell me if your ethernet chip/card is different from mine?

      I am having the same problems. It seems that the NIC becomes unstable once I install Kaspersky IS2009 v8.0.0.357. I have tried disabling it but this has no effect. Has anyone any ideas why this is?

      Cheers 🙂

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.