› Forums › Operating Systems › Windows Server 2008 › Miscellaneous › Images and slidshows
- This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years, 5 months ago by Quinn.
- 1st May 2008 at 18:47 #43035
Hey folks im trying to get thumbnail versions of my images to appear and i just cant, also the slideshow themes that are available in windows are either disabled or not included in server 2003 as in buisness! oh i hope not
Does anyone one know???
- 1st May 2008 at 21:35 #45949ArrisModerator
To enable thumbnails in Windows Explorer:
1. Go to Control Panel in the Start menu;
2a. If you use the Modern View click the Appearance and Personalization section and open Folder Options;
2b. If you use the Classic View double click Folder Options;
3. Browse to the View tab and uncheck Allways show icons, never thumbnails.
4. Save your settings by clicking OK!
I don’t know how to get the Slide Show function in Windows Server, maybe someone else knows?
- 2nd May 2008 at 00:59 #45950
Great cheers thats thats the thumbnails working
Im new to all this 😆
- 8th May 2008 at 10:28 #45951
Anyone know if the slideshow themes of vista can be added into Server 2008, Does this have something to do with the windows experience index, higher ratings allow more features in vista.
i can’t find out how you rate my computer; Prehaps that is a vista only feature ??
- 8th May 2008 at 21:46 #45952ArrisModerator
Windows Server 2008 doesn’t have the ‘Windows Experience Index’, but your system is checked though. If you system is fast enough and you have the Desktop Experience feature installed, it will automatically enable Aero.
I think the Experience Index doesn’t have anything to do with the Slideshow function. Just checked the Slideshow function in a Vista x64 system in Hyper-V and it seems that the Slideshow feature is integrated in explorer.exe. I think it will just be a matter of modifying/adding the right registry keys to get it working…
If you really want to see your experience index, maybe it is possible to copy the tool winsat.exe from a Vista x86/x64 machine to check your systems score.
- 6th January 2009 at 03:01 #45953
Thanks a lot. After finishing the installation late at night, my eyes were fried. I was right there and didn’t see the box. These instructions worked like a charm. Happy New Year Everyone & Peace on Earth.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.