I need the original tcpip.sys file.

Forums General General Discussion I need the original tcpip.sys file.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Hello folks,
      tried to patch the tcpip limit with a free tool and screwed tcpip.sys file
      if somebody can upload the original Windows server 2008 to a free hoster I would appreciate that help.

http://www.speedshare.org/?setlang=en

greets

by the way the tcpip.sys file is located at C:WindowsSystem32driverstcpip.sys

x86 or x64?

Arris

[s:3cqwstjs]Here you have the x64. I can't up the x86 now…[/s:3cqwstjs]

* Edit: linked to some uploader.exe indeed, but file is now upped by impostor! 🙂

the 64-bit version.

Thanks a lot Arris 😀

//i can’t find the file in your link.

why u need patch server ?

its doesnt have limitation

@aviv00 wrote:

why u need patch server ?

its doesnt have limitation

I didn’t know before I patched it.
        I remember vista had some limitation. I thought maybe i had to patch the server for better download speeds.

is it possbile for you to upload the tcpip.sys x64 bit file to any file hoster?
        http://fileload.us/index.php

@impostor wrote:

http://fileload.us/631820678-tcpip.sys

Thanks a bunch. 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛

If you want to patch tcpip.sys for half-open limit increase to get higher bittorrent speeds, believe me YOU DONT NEED IT 😀

It is NOT the same as the Windows XP Patch. Windows XP SP2 introduced an actual TCP/IP concurrent connection limit, but the Vista/2008 HALF-OPEN TCP/IP connections are different – basically in Torrent for example, if a peer/seed is discovered, but hasnt actually established the connection to transfer data yet, its just sitting there saying im “ready” to connect – that’s a HALF-OPEN connection.

Another example is when you have a port forwarded to your PC too – thats another type of half-open connection [on the router OS though, not the Windows OS]. I actually DID manage to HEX-edit my tcpip.sys file to increase the max half-open limit, and it did not help my torrent speeds at all 🙂

BUT As for the Event Log annoyance, “TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.”, I have NO IDEA how to shut that up and i’m sick of my Log being flooded with this crap. It seems that ever since Windows XP, its IMPOSSIBLE to have an Event Log with no errors – Windows just loves reporting problems 🙁 and I know they are not bad errors but its annoying :'(

I made the same mistake. Does anyone have the original tcpip.sys for server 2008 32 bit version? Thank you very much.

Arris

It is possible to get the original files from the installation DVD.

1. Download and install 7-Zip.
          2. Insert the Server 2008 DVD.
          3. Browse to the X:sources folder using Windows Explorer and open the install.wim file using 7-Zip.
          4. Browse through the folders and extract the files you need!

In case of the tcpip.sys file, navigate to X:sourcesinstall.wim1WindowsSystem32drivers and get it from there.

Good luck! 🙂

Arris

7-Zip is so awesome. It can read NSIS exe’s AND WIM images these days.

Too bad it looks ugly. Hmm… I might make a “mod” for it and integrate it in Windows Explorer, much like the ZIP functionality built into Explorer…… 😯

Arris

@JonusC wrote:

7-Zip is so awesome. It can read NSIS exe’s AND WIM images these days.

Too bad it looks ugly. Hmm… I might make a “mod” for it and integrate it in Windows Explorer, much like the ZIP functionality built into Explorer…… 😯

It’s a great tool indeed and it’s free too! I almost replaced WinRAR with it but I am only still using Rar.exe for an application I wrote so I keep it installed. Whatever; there is nothing wrong with two extraction tools installed beside each other! 😉

The only difference is that WinRAR supports skins and 7-zip does not (yet). Maybe you can hack the executable and replace the images inside? 😛

@Arris wrote:

It’s a great tool indeed and it’s free too! I almost replaced WinRAR with it but I am only still using Rar.exe for an application I wrote so I keep it installed. Whatever; there is nothing wrong with two extraction tools installed beside each other! 😉

The only difference is that WinRAR supports skins and 7-zip does not (yet). Maybe you can hack the executable and replace the images inside? 😛

Yeah I have WinRAR set #1 for all archives it can use, then 7-Zip for any WinRAR can’t do, then I have IZArc associated to the formats that the first two can’t do 🙂 It can handle lots of old and exotic archives; and once or twice I remember it could open some EXE’s that 7-Zip couldn’t for some reason!

In regards to the 7-Zip GUI, yeah I think it’s seriously ugly. And simple little things that have been in WinRAR for ages still arn’t in 7-Zip… and the SFX modules are crappy. I’ve been working on a seperate front-end that “adds-on” to 7-Zip, using AutoIt3, and some other nifty things – using NSIS for example to create SFX headers that are still native 7-zip archives 🙂

All this stuff I’ve mentioned on this board, as well as others, and I havn’t even finished my website, or found a good free host! Ah but when i do, all you guys will be the first to know about it :geek:

EDIT: I’ll probably make a minor patch-file for 7-Zip that would apply a pre-set skin though, just for fun, that’s fairly quick and easy 😉 And I will probably make it Vista themed with nice 48×48 icons – not 32×32 Windows 3.11 style!!! Maybe I should completely overhaul the GUI then send the modified EXE(s)/DLL(s) to the 7-Zip team hey and see what they think…

Arris

AFAIK 7-Zip is fully open source so it isn’t needed to create a patch; just edit the images and recompile it.

I never heard of IZArc, but now have installed it in case 7-Zip isn’t able to open a file! 🙂

I hope your website will be online soon. I’m curious to the interesting information on your site!

Viewing 15 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.