How do i get Edge to work ?

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2016 Wish List Progress How do i get Edge to work ?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

😯 May I ask how to get edge work?

I tried to pack the edge as appx and install it in Server 2016,
      but it said cannot register some of the capability “error 0x800701C5:

While processing the request, the system failed to register the windows.capability extension due to the following error:
      The requested capability can not be authorized for this application.”

Anonymous

Any body known how to install Microsoft Edge ?

Note from Admin: i moved the post into this thread, because it is the same topic.
        /hackerman1

Anonymous

There are ways, but they are illegal. Also Windows Update will eventually break it, because the update packages for WS 2016 do not contain the code for the GUI of Edge, only for its engine, edgehtml.dll . I wait for 3rd party providers like Avant Browser, that rely on multiple engines, to support edgehtml, now they support only mshtml.dll (trident), the engine of Internet Explorer.

Anonymous

I don’t know what country you’re from Lotusisrael, but for North America and EU — as long as you own a license to any of the operating system binary files you’re using — you’re not breaking any law and it is not illegal to for example use Windows 10 files on Server 2016, as long as you’re licensed to use both products. It may if you are under any support contract with Microsoft abrogate that contract, just like using any unsupported software on their systems, but in no way is it illegal.

Anonymous

I do not own a Windows 10 license, only Windows Server licenses. Even so, this does not seem too legit to me, what are you saying. I would not like to state openly where I am from, but I can say I am an EU citizen and I knew EU laws forbid these things.

Anonymous

While EU law is a rats nest, I’m confident you’re reading too much into it — if you are legally licensed to use the products you’re not breaking any law, which as it’s written appears to be primarily concerned with modifying software to subvert paying for a license, or help others do the same. You can share the information on how to do these things, you can not share the files as they are licensed to you exclusively.

Anonymous

OK, since knowing how and doing are 2 separate things (even in the EU), and since this is such an easy thing to do, where should it be posted? ❓

Viewing 6 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.