Hello

Forums General Introduction Hello

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hello. I’m a CompSci student from Germany, 29 years old and enjoyed tinkering with computers and OSes since the C64 era. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve had lots of fun playing with the C64, C128, Plus4 and Amiga500 computers before moving into IBM compatible land. Since then, I’ve used mostly Microsoft OSes from DOS 5 and 6 over Win (for Workgroups) 3.1, Win95, 98, 2000 and XP – and now I should add 2k8 to that list.

I’ve always been somewhat of a gamer at heart, which is why occasional forays into Linux territory never lasted for long… Interestingly, this is also why I hesitated for a long time before migrating from DOS/Win 3.1 to Win95. Back then, I didn’t really see the wisdom of loading a whole GUI into the precious RAM just to launch a game of DOOM. ๐Ÿ˜‰ It’s a little bit ironic that my reasons for not adapting Vista until now are mostly the same, and so Win2k8 suits me just fine as a lean, mean, fast Vista. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for the great guide! I guess I’ll be here for a while…

Hello Karstux,

Welcome to you here !

Glad to hear from Germany. It seems to look like an European forum here, where a lot of members are coming from (The Netherlands, Norway, Israel, Germany…) Where are the people from America ? Triel is from USA and I am from Quรฉbec; where are the others ? Too much shy I guess… ๐Ÿ˜€

Thank you for your introduction Karstux. It is a mark of respect, and we appreciate to read your details.

We hope you will enjoy the forum and, do not hesitate to ask questions, or answering some if you have the knowledges.

Have fun,

ร‰tienne ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Man you started early… You were 3 years old when the C64 came out. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.