Dungeon Siege II = YES **, Dungeon Runners = YES

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Games Compatibility Dungeon Siege II = YES **, Dungeon Runners = YES

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Edit – Read the thread for how to get DS2 running.

+++
      Maybe when I feel like putting more time into it, I’ll try again.

Installed ok, but then I pulled down the update. That dies with the apparently infamous gameux.dll error. That’s how I ended up here.
      Put that out there, and it still dies with a “Protected (something) …” error. Tried a Run as Admin and still didn’t work. After that I uninstalled.
      I’ll reinstall in the next few days and post the details.

But Dungeon Runners runs with no problems.

I don’t play too many games, but will post what I know.

gameux.dll did you check the PDF manual we have, it has a section on this and a download link to the missing files you need

“Put that out there, and it still dies with a “Protected (something) …” error.

Hey labgeek just wanted to say i tried out Dungeon Siege 2 (2.0 and patched 2.2) and it works on my machine. I get the gameux.dll error but it still loads and plays fine.

@SeaChange wrote:

Hey labgeek just wanted to say i tried out Dungeon Siege 2 (2.0 and patched 2.2) and it works on my machine. I get the gameux.dll error but it still loads and plays fine.

Thanks.
      I run 8GB of RAM so x64 is a must… I suspect that may be the difference.

Arris

I got Dungeon Siege II working on Windows Server 2008 x64. See the Disable Data Execution Prevention article how to fix the crashing-problem. 😉

Thank you, That was it… I would have reported back yesterday but of course I had to make sure it works… 🙂

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.