Dual-boot R2 + Vista?

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Miscellaneous Dual-boot R2 + Vista?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hey guys, I just registered here because I should be getting a laptop soon and I wanted to put Win2k8 Server R2 on it in a dual-boot (possibly triple-boot eventually) configuration. Searching around on Google I found no guides to doing this, but somewhere I read that Windows Server 2008 (not sure if it’s r1 or r2) doesn’t use boot.ini to load or something so I was wondering if (and how) to do a dual-boot/multi-boot between these operating systems:

• Windows Vista Home Premium (I’m not sure what architecture it will come with, the ads vary)
      • Windows Server 2008 R2 Evaluation Copy (probably Enterprise edition)
      • Windows 7 Home Premium (whenever it comes out and I get it), this isn’t a rush.

So if someone could tell me if (and how) dual/multi-boot is possible between client / server OS, that’d be appreciated. I believe I read on these forums that it is possible, but that post I found about you can’t multi-boot or you need to do it some other way confused me.

The laptop supports 64-bit Operating Systems.

PS: The Win2008workstation and Win2008r2workstation websites look like they’ll be a lot of help once I get my laptop.

Arris

There are more people that asked me the question how to setup Windows Server 2008 [R2] in a dual boot with Windows XP / Vista / 7 so I created a new page in the manual to do this: Win2008R2Workstation.com – Multiboot Installation

Good luck! 😉

Arris

Thanks, I will use it once I get my laptop. 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • The topic ‘Dual-boot R2 + Vista?’ is closed to new replies.