- 30th March 2011 at 02:26 #44115
Note: This fix only applies to those users who have installed the Windows Dreamscene package (via ExpertUser’s R2 Converter GUI).
Problem: When you apply a video as your desktop wallpaper (dreamscene)the text underneath your desktop icons turns black/invisible-looking. The following fix will correct this problem when you apply a dreamscene under Server 2008 R2.
1. Click Start > Computer
2. Click on Organize and choose Folder and search options
3. Click on the View tab
4. Click on the Show hidden files, folders, and drives radio button
5. Click Apply and then OK to close window.
6. In the address bar at the top of the Explorer window type or paste the following: C:Users%username%AppDataRoamingMicrosoftWindows DreamScene
7. Right-click on Img001 and choose Properties
8. Uncheck the hidden checkbox
9. Check the Read-only checkbox
10. Click Apply and then OK to close the window.
11. Right-click on DreamScene and choose Properties
12. Check the Read-only checkbox
13. Click Apply and then OK to close the window.
14. Right-click on an empty space in the desktop, and choose Personalize
15. Click the “Desktop Background” link on the bottom left corner of the screen.
16. You will see two duplicate still images of your dreamscene. One is selected, the other is not. Check both of them.
17. Click save changes
Drawbacks: You will need to reapply this fix every time you wish to change the dreamscene to another video/wallpaper.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.