Don’t you like the control panel? Try the other one…

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Miscellaneous Don’t you like the control panel? Try the other one…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

The other one??? Yes, there is another one already built-in by Microsoft…
      -Create a new folder
      -Name the folder with the following name: GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
      – Once created, you should see the folder icon changed to the control panel icon.

Works for windows 7 as well according to the original post at: http://www.developersource.net/ArticlePage.aspx?ID=14

Great find, thanks! Working on my new WAMP server, so this will be a great tool. It’s a shame its so well hidden.

Anonymous

Great find, thanks! Working on my new WAMP server, so this will be a great tool. It’s a shame its so well hidden.

I actually wish they would have kept the xp style control panel.

specially for the display section. you have messy links and no unified tabbed interface. each link opens a new window and that’s messy.

I think interface design has gotten too messy and “web oriented” and the god mod interface ties it all together much better.

I actually hope the next microsoft OS release will go in the direction of the GNOME UI. It is prolly the most user friendly UI. My mom figured it out quicker then vista. so did my husband’s mom. Also I like the fact it has a top and bottom bar, keeping more at your fingertips. I like the top bar, so I can have more status icons, weather, and system commands, and the bottom is task oriented and houses the virtual desktops.

Anonymous

I actually wish they would have kept the xp style control panel.

specially for the display section. you have messy links and no unified tabbed interface. each link opens a new window and that’s messy.

I think interface design has gotten too messy and “web oriented” and the god mod interface ties it all together much better.

I actually hope the next microsoft OS release will go in the direction of the GNOME UI. It is prolly the most user friendly UI. My mom figured it out quicker then vista. so did my husband’s mom. Also I like the fact it has a top and bottom bar, keeping more at your fingertips. I like the top bar, so I can have more status icons, weather, and system commands, and the bottom is task oriented and houses the virtual desktops.

Viewing 4 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.