Corel X4 trial – errors during installation

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Applications Compatibility Corel X4 trial – errors during installation

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

I’m trying to install trial version of Corel X4 suite on Win2k8R2 RC 64bit.
      The setup wizard starts properly, all setup options can be adjusted, but when it comes to file installation, following error occurs

Once I close the error, installer quickly moves progress bar up to 100% and prints, that installation is complete – but it’s not. No Corel program is installed.
      I’ve tried many options – running as admin, with various compatibility modes, but nothing helped.
      What is the issue ?

one rule on msi installs is that at most times it can’t be run directly but if you say you start it by setup.exe it seems that the msi didnt know the “to call” function.

maybe try to edit the msi install package ( use it at your own risk ) with Microsoft ORCA

I use it since I installed Windows Server 2003 because I need to kill the OS detection in MSI files like Kaspersky Internet Security ( it can’t be installed on server directly ) since now.

Maybe if you delete parts of launch conditions you can start it.

is it big ? I can try to fix it if it’s only a small msi 🙂

or maybe somebody has a better solution…

cheers

Anonymous

one rule on msi installs is that at most times it can’t be run directly but if you say you start it by setup.exe it seems that the msi didnt know the “to call” function.

maybe try to edit the msi install package ( use it at your own risk ) with Microsoft ORCA

I use it since I installed Windows Server 2003 because I need to kill the OS detection in MSI files like Kaspersky Internet Security ( it can’t be installed on server directly ) since now.

Maybe if you delete parts of launch conditions you can start it.

is it big ? I can try to fix it if it’s only a small msi 🙂

or maybe somebody has a better solution…

cheers

Which line in which table in MSI opened with ORCA editor is responsible for OS detection ? There are several lines with VersionNT keyword, but I don’t know exactly which is the correct one.

Anonymous

Which line in which table in MSI opened with ORCA editor is responsible for OS detection ? There are several lines with VersionNT keyword, but I don’t know exactly which is the correct one.

Hmm at first you can try to kill the report of not starting the msi directly – it’s curious if you delete a warning or error message the install should working 🙂

type in “This installation cannot be run directly….****” search and delete ( please make backup )

but i can’t guarantee if it works.

Anonymous

Hmm at first you can try to kill the report of not starting the msi directly – it’s curious if you delete a warning or error message the install should working 🙂

type in “This installation cannot be run directly….****” search and delete ( please make backup )

but i can’t guarantee if it works.

Viewing 6 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.