› Forums › Operating Systems › Windows Server 2008 › Games Compatibility › Civilization 4 Not Running In Server 2008
- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 15 years, 1 month ago by gouber80.
- 24th April 2008 at 01:10 #43070
Does anyone have any ideas about how to get Civilization 4 running on Server 2008. I was able to run it on Vista, but now I am having trouble. I already added the gameux.dll file and now all I get is an error with the following information.
Initilize Renerer failed. Check DirectX Installation, Lates Graphics Drivers and Graphics Settings
-width = 1024
-height = 768
-flags = 0xc
-hwnd = 0x3d0182
-adaptrid = 0
-deviceid = 3
Error: Creation failed: Invalid 3D device type.
I have DirectX 10 installed. I tried the fix for Grand Theft Auto and that did not work. Please let me know if you have any ideas.
- 24th April 2008 at 18:47 #46089
Have you disabled DEP in the tutorials section on the home page?
- 24th April 2008 at 20:43 #46090ArrisModerator
When you browse the internet you see several tips:
– Install DirectX from the cd
– Install the latest patch from http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/downloads.htm
– Enable Direct Draw Acceleration in Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Display tab (if not already enabled and if possible)
– Change the fullscreen option in the config file in the installation directory to 0 (windowed)
– Be sure you have the latest (graphic) drivers
– Run in compatibility mode (right mouse click on the shortcut -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Run this program in compatibility mode for: -> Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
Hope this will fix your problem! 🙂
- 24th April 2008 at 23:09 #46091
Thank you for all of your responses. I finally got it going. I upgraded the driver for my video card. It turns out that I had not updated that yet and I was just running the generic driver from Windows.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.