Catalyst 11.4a Hotfix 8.84.9RC2 Apr27 Server 2008 R2 Ready

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Hardware Compatibility Catalyst 11.4a Hotfix 8.84.9RC2 Apr27 Server 2008 R2 Ready

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

This driver for people who wants the latest and greatest from AMD, seeing they have dropped support for the Windows Server OS.

This is a unsupported driver.

All I did is modifed the msi files using Orca to make it install on the Server 2008 & R2 64 bit OS. Just ignore the warning at end of the installation because the is server OS unsupported. If you view the log everything should have installed successfully.

For more release note http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst114chotfix.aspx

Download
      http://www.filesonic.com/file/886063051/AMD_Catalyst_11.4a_Hotfix_8.84.9RC2_Win2008_R2_x64_Apr27.rar

Arris

Thanks for your Catalyst-contributions! 🙂 Will be useful for many people here.

No problem, just trying to help.

hi!

let me ask… i installed your version of catalyst, ok, but there are 2 issues:

1 – is the driver version older than the other from amd without rc? this one is 8.840.9, the other one i had was 8.841.0

2 – for me, the main app is the catalyst, to control vga fan and clock. is there some way to get them installed? i think the error at the end of setup is from that app.

@rent-a-hero wrote:

hi!

let me ask… i installed your version of catalyst, ok, but there are 2 issues:

1 – is the driver version older than the other from amd without rc? this one is 8.840.9, the other one i had was 8.841.0

2 – for me, the main app is the catalyst, to control vga fan and clock. is there some way to get them installed? i think the error at the end of setup is from that app.

1. This is the 11.4c hotfix. Recently a leaked released 8.85 betas.

2. Which card are you using and your system spec? It could a bug since this is RC release, it hard to say.

thank you very much, aero peek works perfectly after I upgraded to the drivers you provided, no Mobility Modder.net needed anymore.

@t3nk3n wrote:

1. This is the 11.4c hotfix. Recently a leaked released 8.85 betas.

2. Which card are you using and your system spec? It could a bug since this is RC release, it hard to say.

ok, i think the driver itself its not a big deal, but for me, gpu control is. the only issue is that all apps are working on r2, except gpu overdrive.

specs:
        phenom x4 955
        xfx hd 5670 512mb
        4gb ram
        asus m4a77t usb (chipset amd)
        win2008r2 64, fully updated

any tips, i’m ready to try!

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.