Be sure to have good RAM

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Hardware Compatibility (New) Be sure to have good RAM

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Well didn’t know where else to put this, maybe we should have a Hardware Section.

This weekend both my XP and S2K8 installs started crashing. The 2k8 was the worst, I lost activation and got Stop errors and blue screen reboots. So I switched to XP and got an error suggesting I DL windows Memory Tool and run it.
      Sure enough I got 10s of thousands of errors in the ram. I was able to see which stick of 4 it was and removed it from the system. Xp is running happy now but I have not tried to boot the s2k8 yet as I have ordered new ram and it will be here tomorrow. Stupid me ordered more 1gig sticks but I could have gone with 2gig sticks, since I have s2k8Ex64.
      BTW I am running Patriot DDR2 800 ram (the 6400 Cas4 stuff). Was 2x512K and 2x1G will be 4x1G tomorrow night.

Well replaced that bad ram and got Logitech working correctly with UberOptions and am so impressed I am trying to find a way to permanently switch to 2k8.

Arris

What is now still bothering you that you still have to find a way to permanently use Windows Server 2008? 😉

@Arris wrote:

What is now still bothering you that you still have to find a way to permanently use Windows Server 2008? 😉

Having to buy a new webcam for my security system/software. I have a wireless IP cam that I am sure will work, but I also have an old 3Com USB cam that I can not so far get to work. Most webcams these days do not have the tripod mount on the bottom so I need to either locate one that does or find one I can attach to my blinds or put a support bar in the window.

Got BF2 and AA up and running last night BTW, nice. Will install ADOBE CS2 or 3 suite when I get home from work, then try to generate a list of APPs I must have from XP.

Arris

Sounds like you are close to install it for permanently use. 🙂 However if any problems occur, don’t hesitate to ask them (if you couldn’t find out yourself, which I am sure for most problems you can). 😉

Viewing 4 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.