BDA (TV Tuner) support for Server 2008 x86 and x64

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Hardware Compatibility (New) BDA (TV Tuner) support for Server 2008 x86 and x64

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author

3 STEPS ONLY TO GET BDA ON SERVER (TV TUNER FUNCTION)
      I compiled a setup file, that will add BDA (TV Tuner) function on Server 2008 x86 and x64, without any hassles.
      I tested it on a clean installation several times, no issues at all

Changelog

07/09/08
      -No more devices found error
      -Minor bda.inf tweaks
      -No need to reboot after installing now
      22/06/08
      -Fixed a MAJOR bug which prevented the installer from not installing BDA on server
      -Updated BDA Installer files with latest DirectX 9 Redist June
      03/06/08
      -Fixed x64 Directory source file copy error (BDA was not working on x64 systems due to source files not being copied to the right directory)
      -Now installer uses x64 version of “regsvr32.exe” to register x64 source files, and x86 version of “regsvr32.exe” to register x86 source files
      29/05/08
      -Added x64 support
      -Made corrections to x86 installer
      -Added more filters that were missing from previous installer pack
      -Fixed “kxsbar.ax, kstvtune.ax invalid errors

Tested on 7 different x86 and x64 machines, all with different TV Cards, all worked fine

Download link

http://rapidshare.com/files/260247283/bdaforserver.rar

Instructions
      Instructions on how to install are inside the setup archive

IMPORTANT
      This setup pack will work on English version of server, en-US versions only.
      If you have any other language version then you have to manually copy ONLY
      the “mui” files from vista to sourcex86 or x64(for x64 version)system32 and syswow64 if your on x64 version
      Then on server same again, manually copy the “mui” files to system32 and syswow64 as well only
      if your on x64 version of server, and then run the setupBDA.exe to install.

NOTE
      EVEN THOUGH THESE FILES DONT TOUCH MAIN SYSTEM CRITICAL FILES OR SETTINGS, AM NOT RESPONSIBLE
      FOR ANY DATA LOSS OR DAMAGE, USE THIS METHOD AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Original link here:
      http://www.msfn.org/board/BDA-Tv-tuner-support-on-Server-2008-t114549.html

Thanks, but sadly I need the Vista files. I have no access to a copy of Vista.

Have you tested the winamp tv plugin ? I cant tested right now, but it worked great on vista with Theatrix 550!

@sawo wrote:

Have you tested the winamp tv plugin ? I cant tested right now, but it worked great on vista with Theatrix 550!

nice find, but can you actually use this plugin without winamp, and use it with other tv applications? Were talking about server 2008 tv support here, it works on vista, but server 2008 is a different story.
      anyways i will test it and will let you know.
      Thank you

Since its winamp plugin, you need winamp to get it running.Ofcourse you can try to port it for other apps too, because its open source.
      After the plugin scan for channels it will display them in winamp and you can save them as simple playlist and load them at any time.It also supports recording with hardware encoding, if the tv tuner support it, it works with dvb cards etc etc.
      I cant test it right now, but if you really need a way to watch tv, then you can give it a try.
      Also dont forget to configure the plugin properly – it will need proper filters to render the audio and video – in my case i installed Power DVD 7 and its filters was available in the options.

@sawo wrote:

Since its winamp plugin, you need winamp to get it running.Ofcourse you can try to port it for other apps too, because its open source.
      After the plugin scan for channels it will display them in winamp and you can save them as simple playlist and load them at any time.It also supports recording with hardware encoding, if the tv tuner support it, it works with dvb cards etc etc.
      I cant test it right now, but if you really need a way to watch tv, then you can give it a try.
      Also dont forget to configure the plugin properly – it will need proper filters to render the audio and video – in my case i installed Power DVD 7 and its filters was available in the options.

Sounds interesting, i will test sometime soon. and will let you know….
      thanks

Dumb question: installing BDA on WS2008 makes Fujitsu-Siemens DVB/T-Analog USB to work?

@Yull wrote:

Dumb question: installing BDA on WS2008 makes Fujitsu-Siemens DVB/T-Analog USB to work?

Am not really sure about analogue tv, but digital tv works. You can try installing my current pack to see if your analogue works

Link:

Hi,

i have a problem using my SAA 7134-Tuner in analog mode. The Video works perfectly, but I have no sound. I tried DScaler 4 and ChrisTV, but both of them don’t play audio. Do you have a solution for this?

Markus

Have you setup the region settings? Also you can try the winamp plugin its alot easier to configure..

I tried Winamp TV, but it doesn’t work either. I think the problem is, that it doesn’t find the audio-source for the TV-Card. I made a screenshot of the Audio-Settings…

Markus

What connection do you use? Audio cable from the tuner to the tv card?

It works now 🙂 I installed this Driver: http://www.creatix.de/support/typ.php?tid=63&gid=6 and now I have sound, even in DScaler 🙂

Has anyone gotten the Hauppage HVR-950 USB card working??

Hi
      I tried application, but since I don’t have VistaX64 installed, I just extracted both system32 and syswov64 from the wim image(7zip) to sourcex64.
      When I ran setup from the “Setup For x64” folder, it reported some missing files.
      Have you got an updated file list for x64?
      A good feature would be to add a logging option to your setup program.

Cheers

Sorry, feels like an idiot :=) Did’nt see that it was cmd files :=)
      Double checked, and copied the files to the right locations, and ran the registration part again …..
      Still my Terratec Cinergy HTC USB XS HD won’t work.
      I have tried two tv software packages, the one that comes along with Terratec – Terratec Home Cinema, and GB-PVR.
      GB-PVR craches when I try to start scanning for channels, and in Home Cinema nothing happens when I press scan.
      Looks like som .dll is still missing ….

Any advice ?

@baldhead wrote:

Sorry, feels like an idiot :=) Did’nt see that it was cmd files :=)
      Double checked, and copied the files to the right locations, and ran the registration part again …..
      Still my Terratec Cinergy HTC USB XS HD won’t work.
      I have tried two tv software packages, the one that comes along with Terratec – Terratec Home Cinema, and GB-PVR.
      GB-PVR craches when I try to start scanning for channels, and in Home Cinema nothing happens when I press scan.
      Looks like som .dll is still missing ….

Any advice ?

Come to my page on msfn, here you will have updated setup pack for bda on server

btw these 2 tv applications are no good on server 2008.

I had trouble finding the files.
      Here are the vista x64 files:

http://rapidshare.com/files/144884163/x64.rar.html

I am not responsible for any damage.

is there a solution with the not working button in home cinema?

So, I’m having a ton of trouble.

I downloaded that file above with the x64 files and put them in the bdaforserver folder. I ran the get sour files.exe program, and then ran the setup.exe program. Both of them execute very quickly, but it appears that the first one does just fine. The second one however, says that access is denied, and one file is not copied. A

Any ideas?

Ok, I can’t get this working. Step 3 says Go to “bdaforserver” folder, and Right click on “BDASetup.exe”, there is no such file in that folder. I did run the setupbda batch file, machine rebooted, pvr-1600 app now opens but the window to scan for channels is empty.

Hello!
      For 2 days I’ve been trying to start my old TV-tuner, that is Pinnacle PCTV in Win 2k8. Yesterday I got a bit of success – I installed native pinnacle soft PCTV Vision, which is for Win XP, and it found all the channels. But it didn’t show them! Sometimes I see a shot, but that’s all.
      Then I installed DScaler program. According to the documentation it does not demand drivers for TV-tuner, it uses it’s own internal drivers. It shows very good the channels I chose in PCTV Vision, but it can’t find them!
      That is I choose channel in PCTV Vision, but I can’t see it. Then I start DScaler, I can see a channel, but I can’t change it.
      What do you think about the problem? My TV is analogue.

Sorry for my bad English – I’m Russian.

I’ve confirmed the “bdaforserver” utility will work for Server 2008 r2 – just remember that you need to place BdaSup.sys in the Server /Windows/Inf folder before running the BDA setup batch file.

Can anyone reupp the newest bdaforserver.exe?
      This one from shahed26 is down on RS.

With google I could only find one version from May 08, but this version does not support x64 systems.

Thanks

buddy101

Link was down, updated with a new link 🙂

For Server 2008 R2, probably would be a good idea to update these files with windows 7 versions, no?

Hello,

I bought 4 x S2-3200 PCI cards from TechnoTrend since i thought id be able to install the driver on windows 2003 or windows 2008 because i really dont like to work on XP , Vista .

I read your posts but i didnt succeed installing its driver or usig “bdaforserver” .. The bad news at my side is the system shows its driver as Audio Driver .. I insalled on 2 computers but the same thing I am suffering.

I was told that WDM Driver which is related to TechnoTrend DVBS S1440 driver can make it work on windows 2003 or windows 2008 too but as i saw the bda locking signals .. not stable at all …

Do you think that BDA Drivers of TechnoTrend for S2-3200 can work at mine ?

I tried to do every step from bdaforserver but no luck .. i found alot of new hardware wizard .. i also canceled like you said before but i can see that i have a Network Controller which desnt has any driver available at Device manager .

I wish if i could see the Network controller installed like yours .

Regards,
      Ghassan

Hello all,

First of all great job on making this for Windows 2008 x64.
      I have a Terratec H7 USB TV myself but am not able to get it recognised by Windows.
      When trying the installer it keeps saying i dont have Windows 7 or Vista or XP.

I tried the BDA driver on this page (both msi and the one from ascii) but that makes no difference, the device still isnt recognised.

Any idea how I can make this work?

Thx for the help!

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.