Asus Xonar DX

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hello, I’ve recently just started to use windows server as a workstation, and I’m loving it so far. But theres one issue. Whenever I want to install my soundcard (Asus Xonar DX) drivers, I blue screen with a bad_pool_caller error. At this point Ive tried everything I could think of, and Im coming to you guys to see if you all have any sort of Idea as to how I can get this working. I really like my sound setup and might have to ditch server if I cant get it to work 🙁 Thanks in advance

Bump, does anyone know anything?

– If you have AC3Filter installed, get rid of it
      – Uninstall all other codecs/filters if they are installed (always install codecs AFTER sound and video drivers are installed)

That’s the only thing I can think of. Are you on 32-bit or 64-bit Windows?

In regards to codecs, K-lite Mega pack in particular is also buggy in Server 2008 from my own experience, an alternative is CCCP (which I and many others prefer anyway).

I have exactly the same problem. I have tried everything I can think of including older versions of the driver. No go. I am ditching Server 2008 because of this. Just can’t think of anything else to try.

@abelguard9891 wrote:

I have exactly the same problem. I have tried everything I can think of including older versions of the driver. No go. I am ditching Server 2008 because of this. Just can’t think of anything else to try.

So, on a clean and fresh install of Vista, the Xonar drivers install fine; but on a fresh and clean install of Server you get a bluescreen? I guess it is unsupported 😥

I’ve also been unable to install the drivers for the Asus Xonar DX, leading to a blue screen. If anybody has alternative suggestions that would be great. I don’t really want to purchase Windows 7 just to get a sound card to work when everything else has been working great. I’m running Windows Server 2008 Standard (32bit). Thanks.

I also would get a blue screen when I used an old Creative Audigy card… did anyone have difficulty with this card as well? Does the Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer card work?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.