Application using a different location of user data

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Applications Compatibility Application using a different location of user data

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi guys,

I’m trying to run WS2008 in a Compal HEL80 and the only problem I’m having is with the Wireless Switch that controls WLan and Bluetooth function. It has a application that allows to enable/disable each of these radio devices, but after installing the Vista 32-64-bits driver version and rebooting I get the error:

Wireless Select Switch.exe – System Error

The program can’t start because EBLib.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

After a lot of research I discovered that this DLL is associated to COMPAL ELECTRONIC INC., which make sense since it is a Compal’s machine, and that the setup.exe installation file is unpacking this library to ProgramData but apparently the Wireless Select Switch.exe program is looking for it in Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication Data. According to some MS documents like this, the default location of user data has changed in Vista/S2008 to Users.

So does anyone has a way to make this application work without having to change the user data location for whole system?

Thanks in advance.

Andre Sterf

Arris

Hey Andre,

I’d try to find out in which locations it searches for that dll file using Sysinternals Process Monitor where you set as filter the name of the executable that wants to load that dll (Process Name | is | Wireless Select Switch.exe | then | include). After you found a place it looks in, place (a copy of) the dll (EBLib.dll) into that directory and try to start the application again.

Good luck!

Arris

@Arris wrote:

Hey Andre,

I’d try to find out in which locations it searches for that dll file using Sysinternals Process Monitor where you set as filter the name of the executable that wants to load that dll (Process Name | is | Wireless Select Switch.exe | then | include). After you found a place it looks in, place (a copy of) the dll (EBLib.dll) into that directory and try to start the application again.

Good luck!

Arris

Arris,

After searching a lot I discovered that the setup.exe is unpacking correctly EBLib.dll to “C:ProgramData” and manually copying the file to “C:Program Files (x86)Compal Electronics, INCWireless Select Switch” allows Wireless Select Switch.exe to start. But the problem now is that even after running it isn’t working correctly because I can’t manage my WLan and Bluetooth devices. The WLan is enabled, but I can’t disable and otherside the Bluetooth is disabled and can’t be enabled, so I can’t install it’s drivers.

Now I’ll try to contact my vendor to see if they got a solution for this, since I think now its about having a working Vista 64-bits driver.

But I will try Sysinsternals to see what is happening! Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.