any news about Windows server 2012 ?

Forums General In the News any news about Windows server 2012 ?

• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

any news about Windows server 2012 ?
      someone know ?

As far I know the milestone for Windows 8 might be seen as early as July 2011, but thats not in writing. I’m actually hoping not to see the next version of Windows for a while. I want to be blown away by the performance of the next version of Windows Server. Microsoft failed to impress me with R2. I’ve given each operating system a detailed examination and I can personally say that I really do not feel a significant performance gain from R2 outside of a slightly faster boot time. Perhaps it is due to lack of Superfetch I’m not completely sure. But if you think about it the differences between server 2008 and server 2008 r2 are minimal. The number of services/programs that exist on 2008 compared to R2 are virtually identical. The memory footprint when fitted with same setup is nearly identical. I think R2 does a better job at handling memory when it comes to calling on a application, registry, what not. As far as raw performance the applications I run behave no differently. You can put lipstick on a pig… but it’s still a pig. Windows Server 2008 R2 is a “minor” release and there are a lot of features that are strikingly similar to Server 2008 which makes you think they can’t be too far apart.

Anonymous

As far I know the milestone for Windows 8 might be seen as early as July 2011, but thats not in writing. I’m actually hoping not to see the next version of Windows for a while. I want to be blown away by the performance of the next version of Windows Server. Microsoft failed to impress me with R2. I’ve given each operating system a detailed examination and I can personally say that I really do not feel a significant performance gain from R2 outside of a slightly faster boot time. Perhaps it is due to lack of Superfetch I’m not completely sure. But if you think about it the differences between server 2008 and server 2008 r2 are minimal. The number of services/programs that exist on 2008 compared to R2 are virtually identical. The memory footprint when fitted with same setup is nearly identical. I think R2 does a better job at handling memory when it comes to calling on a application, registry, what not. As far as raw performance the applications I run behave no differently. You can put lipstick on a pig… but it’s still a pig. Windows Server 2008 R2 is a “minor” release and there are a lot of features that are strikingly similar to Server 2008 which makes you think they can’t be too far apart.

i remember using server 2008 beta and enjoyed it
        i don’t have problem with betas

i mostly like the new releases cos its got all the updates already build in

i think u right about the pig thing
        from windows server 2008 to r2 didn’t saw that much but its doesn’t cost money anyway to upgrade

but from vista to win7 there a difference and its cost money to upgrade

Anonymous

i remember using server 2008 beta and enjoyed it
          i don’t have problem with betas

i mostly like the new releases cos its got all the updates already build in

i think u right about the pig thing
          from windows server 2008 to r2 didn’t saw that much but its doesn’t cost money anyway to upgrade

but from vista to win7 there a difference and its cost money to upgrade

I use 2008 R2 and it’s fine!

Anonymous

I use 2008 R2 and it’s fine!

Anonymous

Ok this is what I know regarding this. Windows Server 2012 hasn’t even been announced yet however from what I can discern on Windows 8 the release date for that was supposed to be around September 2012 though I may be wrong. Current status of Windows 8 development is near post-milestone 3 which is still alpha status and not quite beta status.

Most recent build that I know of is 8064 which was built on August 6th. We won’t be hearing about Server 2012 until at least Windows 8 hits Beta or close to RTM escrow.

Anonymous

Ok this is what I know regarding this. Windows Server 2012 hasn’t even been announced yet however from what I can discern on Windows 8 the release date for that was supposed to be around September 2012 though I may be wrong. Current status of Windows 8 development is near post-milestone 3 which is still alpha status and not quite beta status.

Most recent build that I know of is 8064 which was built on August 6th. We won’t be hearing about Server 2012 until at least Windows 8 hits Beta or close to RTM escrow.

Server 8 is Server 2012, just announced yesterday. Although not much of an announcement, microsoft is just sticking to the naming convention. SCCM 2012 suite with it looks amazing so far though. And something about a centralized easier to use server manager window. You can administer multiple servers from one server manager screen. Also finding/fixing common problems is alot easier. No more “connect to server x’s services snap in” to just start up a hung service. For more info check out the MMS 2012 site.

Anonymous

Server 8 is Server 2012, just announced yesterday. Although not much of an announcement, microsoft is just sticking to the naming convention. SCCM 2012 suite with it looks amazing so far though. And something about a centralized easier to use server manager window. You can administer multiple servers from one server manager screen. Also finding/fixing common problems is alot easier. No more “connect to server x’s services snap in” to just start up a hung service. For more info check out the MMS 2012 site.

Viewing 10 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.