Win Server 2008 requires DVD to be in drive or BOOTMGR error

Forums General Feedback Win Server 2008 requires DVD to be in drive or BOOTMGR error

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hello,

I installed the program as instructed, but if I remove the dvd from the drive and restart, it says BootMgr error that there is no bootable device. If I put the dvd back in the restart and then not press anything, just let the dvd autostart time out it starts fine…

I have a 80GB primary drive and a 160GB secondary… , and two DVD-RWs…any reason why it might be doing this?

Just wanted to clarify a few things. It says “BOOTMGR is missing, Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart, it will say this until the dvd is inserted, the dvd drives check for a boot device before the hard drive in the boot order, it reads the dvd, asks to press a button to boot the dvd, but I don’t press anything and it boots fine then.

FIGURED IT OUT:
      I changed the boot order of my two hard drives so that the secondary was first and the primary was second and now it works fine… lol

Arris

Haha nice work! 😉 Hope other people with a similar problem can also fix it using your post! 🙂

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.