Applying Computer Settings startup takes forever

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Miscellaneous Applying Computer Settings startup takes forever

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Does anyone else have an issue with at startup Applying Computer Settings takes like 1-2 minutes?
      I am running 2008 Standard 32-bit without HyperV on a Dell Laptop.
      Looking thru the event log nothing really jumps out that would cause the issue.
      One thing I thought it could be is the computer is hooked to a domain.

Any thoughts?

Do you have this problem right from the beginning, or it started happening after some time?

Started happening after I joined the domain at work.
      It does have something to do with the domain since this morning it fired right up and I ended up finding this in the logs, not sure why I didn’t notice it before.

Event ID: 6005
      The winlogon notification subscriber is taking long time to handle the notification event (CreateSession).

Event ID: 6006:
      The winlogon notification subscriber took 123 second(s) to handle the notification event (CreateSession).

I tried some one of the fixes out there for it and it had no effect.

NETSH INTERFACE TCP SET global autotuninglevel=disabled

Will have to look into more this week.

Maybe you should try one more time and see if the problem is still there, because it looks like some lock-up in the domain itself..

Well it has seemed to work itself out after being connected to the network all week.
      It is no longer happening….

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.