x86, IE7Pro, Anyone try it?

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Applications Compatibility x86, IE7Pro, Anyone try it?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

http://ie7pro.com

Basically eliminates the need for Firefox, in my opinion. Anyone use it?

Arris

I heard of it and just installed it and it works nice! Will leave it installed for the few times I use IE7. 🙂

However I don’t think it eliminates the need for Firefox:
        * Firefox with the NoScript Extension is the safest browser ever (Maybe ever safer than lynx ;));
        * Firefox has way more extensions than Internet Explorer 7.

We will see how all browsers will evolve… For now I stick to Firefox 3.

I swore by IE7 and the IE7Pro addon for a long time. Finally, I am now using Firefox3. It is better than ever, and finally can do all those things that only IE7 could do that I wanted [integration with my ReGet download manager, for example].

IE7Pro is very good, but it still eats more resources than Firefox3. And believe me I notice – 1GB of RAM and a P4 Prescott at 3GHz [ancient] haha!

Extension factor for Firefox is what makes it king I think 🙂

Also, check out MAXTHON if you like IE7! 🙂

FF3 eats up 2.5 GB commit when you look in the resource monitor. It also uses 1.5 GB (in task mgr) if you leave one youtube tab and 8 browser tabs. Even with the mem limiter hack..

IE7 pro does good but I have problems with javascript anything even base IE7x64 even adding youtube to trusted sites and all that mess. so I just do flash stuff in FF and my regular browsing in IE.

any other browsers that are 64 bit???

@RemixedCat wrote:

FF3 eats up 2.5 GB commit when you look in the resource monitor. It also uses 1.5 GB (in task mgr) if you leave one youtube tab and 8 browser tabs. Even with the mem limiter hack..

IE7 pro does good but I have problems with javascript anything even base IE7x64 even adding youtube to trusted sites and all that mess. so I just do flash stuff in FF and my regular browsing in IE.

any other browsers that are 64 bit???

That’s.. really odd. I have 9 tabs open, one being Facebook [heavy, uses Ruby on Steele] and the other on a YouTube paused video, a bunch of tabs for this forum here, deviantart, AutoIt forums, and the Microsoft Homepage….

Memory [Private Working Set] is 320MB. Dont dont whats wrong there. Oh and I also have about 9 addons installed.

Opera is still the best for speed and resource usage though I find. IE7 takes 5-10 seconds to load on my PC for some reason 😐

EDIT: But is as I always say, some things just tend to work better for some people/some computers. Not to mention I have a distinct feeling you are running an AMD chip…?

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.