Firewall testresults from Matousec, October 2013

Forums General General Discussion Windows Security Firewall testresults from Matousec, October 2013

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      hackerman1

Hi !

New testresults from Matousec:

2013-10-18

New results have been published for:
        ESET Smart Security 6.0.316.0
        Jetico Personal Firewall 2.1.0.13.2471
        VIPRE Internet Security 2014 7.0.6.2

Only minor updates have been released to ESET Smart Security and Jetico Personal Firewall.
        No significant improvements have been implemented and this is why their overall performance in Proactive Security Challenge 64
        remains on the same level (58 % for Jetico, 55 % for ESET this time).
        Both these products provide similar level of protection, far ahead of most of the tested products in our challenge, but still far behind the best.

Jetico still suffers from its problems with “indirect relativeness” protection which does work sometimes but could cause major headaches to its users in case of malware infection of the protected computer.
        Unlike ESET Smart Security, it does not seem that Jetico Personal Firewall is under a very active development.
        This is evident from its release notes.

VIPRE Internet Security also keeps its level of protection, but unlike the other two products, its proactive protection is really one of the worst in our challenge. 2 % again for VIPRE Internet Security.

http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge-64/

Testresults: http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge-64/results.php

Where is your firewall / HIPS on that list…?

And if your looking at the list and are thinking about selecting a good firewall,
        then you should note my comments about Private Firewall, posted earlier.

“And the latest version of Private Firewall, doesn´t pass Gibsons or PcFlanks “Stealthtest” !?
        That is not the version tested on 3rd placebelow, as that test was made long before the latest version was released.

Also note my testresults for Private Firewall:
        “It also fails Comodo´s Leak Test, which has been noted by several people over at wilders.
        It only got 270/330 when i tested it.”

Also read what i posted in another thread regarding Comodo: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2505

No change at the top of the list.
        Comodo is still #1…….
        And, it´s FREE.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.