Windows Defender – Automatically accepting defination update

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2016 Miscellaneous Windows Defender – Automatically accepting defination update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Evening All.

Been running the RTM of Server 2016 for just over a week now and loving it. Snappy and non of those rubbish apps installed. Can’t say I’ve come across any problems – previous Windows Server to Workstation guides pointed me in the right direction, but few things needed adjusting.

Anyway, I’ve just got one minor annoyance. Windows Defender is installed by default and I’ve found it it’s lightweight in comparison to ESAT, which has been my AV of choice over the years. Therefore, I’ve decided to run with it, however, every definition update has to be manually installed – I have kept the Action Centre icon visible in the system tray to show me when updates are available so I can install them when required.

I’ve played with a number of setting in the local group policies, but nothing seems to work. I’m certain installing WSUS and configuring that accordingly will do the trick, but that seems a very heavy handed way to sort the problem.

Has anyone got a better idea?

Cheers

The Lazy Slug

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.