Compatible Wireless Routers?

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Hardware Compatibility Compatible Wireless Routers?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Do all Vista/7 wireless routers work with Server 2008 [R2]?

I can’t imagine why not. If it’s set to the same SSID & encryption type.

Anonymous

I can’t imagine why not. If it’s set to the same SSID & encryption type.

Any wireless router will do as long as you compatible hardware. i.e. if you have a wirelss g card and you get a wireles b router, this will not work. Most wireless routers/cards on the market these days are b/g anyway so it is very likely what you have will work.

The only reason a wireless router would be marked vista/win 7 compatible is to make people think they need that router if they have either of those version of windows. It will have no bearing on compatibility/performance so long as you have compatible wireless hardware.

Anonymous

Any wireless router will do as long as you compatible hardware. i.e. if you have a wirelss g card and you get a wireles b router, this will not work. Most wireless routers/cards on the market these days are b/g anyway so it is very likely what you have will work.

The only reason a wireless router would be marked vista/win 7 compatible is to make people think they need that router if they have either of those version of windows. It will have no bearing on compatibility/performance so long as you have compatible wireless hardware.

My bad, I should’ve closed this as I had already got the answer I needed. 🙂

/close

Anonymous

My bad, I should’ve closed this as I had already got the answer I needed. 🙂

/close

Viewing 6 reply threads
        • The topic ‘Compatible Wireless Routers?’ is closed to new replies.