Windows Server 2008 R2 Screenshots!

Forums General General Discussion Windows Server 2008 R2 Screenshots!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I haven’t found a topic like this for R2, just R1 (located here) so feel free to post screenshots (desktops, etc) of your R2 Workstation here! I made this topic to keep the R1 and R2 screenshots seperate.

Useful links:

File hosting sites (free, no registration required):
      ImageShack
      TinyPic

Windows Server 2008 R2 Download:
      Evaluation Copy – 180/240 day trial (see how)

Windows Server 2008 R2 Workstation site:
      Win2008R2Workstation.com

Seeing as I don’t have a good enough computer to install Windows Server 2008 R2 on, I’ll post my screenshots when I get a laptop which should be soon (hopefully for my birthday – next week 🙂 )

Nice! Does it still look like that or have you changed it?

Is it possible to enable Aero in VMWare Workstation? It looks like the tabs can be quite useful!

PS: Is your copy of R2 the RC or the Evaluation Copy?

Nice! Does it still look like that or have you changed it?

Is it possible to enable Aero in VMWare Workstation? It looks like the tabs can be quite useful!

PS: Is your copy of R2 the RC or the Evaluation Copy?

Arris

My desktop like this except with some more applications installed and I removed the gadgets because I never use them. These screenshots are made at the Final RTM of Windows Server 2008 R2 (the TIMEBASED_EVAL iso from here).

It think is possible to get Aero in VMWare if connect to the Virtual Machine using Microsoft Remote Desktop using a Vista or higher client with Aero enabled. You have to set all connection settings to the highest possible. I don’t know whether this also works on Windows Server 2008 R2; at least it works on Windows 7/Windows Vista. If it doesn’t work install the Terminal Services Server Role at the VM and try it again. I heard somewhere that improves Themes/Aero in Remote Desktop.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.