Anyone got Windows Mobile Device Center working?

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Applications Compatibility Anyone got Windows Mobile Device Center working?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

last week ive bought a cheap navigation system with old maps which can be upgradet with activesync. when i try to install it theres a “Windows USB Sync” Driver which needs a driver i cant find on my server 2008 r2 os.

Soi think that ill need those driver and some informations how to activate activesync.

I hope u guys can help me with this…

thanks

Arris

Starting from Windows Vista you should use Windows Mobile Device Center in stead of Microsoft ActiveSync. WMDC also includes drivers so I expect it will work fine with it. 🙂

Doesn´t work…
        Tryed to install it the normal way (running the downloaded *.exe) then an error like “The Update couldnt installed cause one Componente is missing” appears.

Next ill extracted the exe and later the msi file and looked for the single driver but it doesnt work either.

Arris

Looking at the output of Process Monitor filtering at Process Name equals msiexec.exe while running drvupdate-amd64.exe it looks like WMDC needs the PortableDeviceManager Class (CLSID: 0af10cec-2ecd-4b92-9581-34f6ae0637f3 / dll: %systemroot%system32PortableDeviceApi.dll).

I guess you will need to install (step 1-4) the Desktop Experience feature to get it working as I could install it without any problems.

[localurl=viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1062:18kndtio]Here[/localurl:18kndtio] is some other topic at the forum where you might find some more information.

Hope that helps! 🙂

Hope that helps!

It really helped…
          First i thought my device isnt suported or something cuzz theres no driver available…
          But i only had to enable an option like “Lets search Windows Update for drivers automaticly”.

In my mind finding this option is a bit tricky to so here my way (translated from my german OS)!

WIN+E / Systemconfigs (or so^^) / Hardware / Deviceinstallationconfig (or so again^^)..
          Here you can turn on the automatic search for driverupdates .

Thanks

Viewing 4 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.