"the update does not apply to your system"

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Applications Compatibility "the update does not apply to your system"

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I have an application I want to install that came as a msu. When I try to run it, it launches Windows Update Standalone Installer. This comes back with the aforementioned error: “the update does not apply to your system”

I know it’s looking for Vista SP1, but finding windows server 2008. Is there a way to find out what setting it’s looking for so that I can set it appropriately and ‘trick’ it into installing?

I found instructions for manually installing (http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=564863&SiteID=17), but it didn’t seem to work. I was able to expand it, but it would not install using pkgmgr.exe. It just silently exited.

I tried adding the /l:log.txt switch, but it apparently logs in binary, not text…

à 4ØtSè à À˜ 6 :ÇtSè q p-ð Éaa P x¡®ª¡®h @ t z r e s . d l l , – 1 6 2 @ t z r e s . d l l , – 1 6 1 Äÿÿÿ ¸(˜—ÉdzÚ 0åá É P a c k a g e – M a n a g e r – C B S 1 1 6 0 4 C : t e m p e x p a n d l o g . t x t

Arris

yeah, I tried that. It didn’t work either 🙁

that’s pretty much the same instructions as were on the link I posted.

Arris

Oh yeah, you are right. What Microsoft Update are you installing? Can you give a filename/download link?

Viewing 3 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.