Flatout Ultimate Carnage

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Games Compatibility Flatout Ultimate Carnage

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

first of all, hi ppl. this is my first post on this forum 🙂
      and now here’s the problem. flatout ultimate carnage doesn’t work on server 2008 x64. it says something about xlive, so i tried to install that xliveredist.msi package and it didn’t wanted to install. so i dragged it onto “fix msi.vbs” and it still didn’t want to install. what to do?

Arris

hey Dox, Welcome at the forums!

About your Flatout Ultimate Carnage problem: I can install it without any problems. See here the last part of my installation log:

Copy to C:Program Files (x86)Empire InteractiveFlatOut Ultimate CarnagedatamusicThisIsMenace_CoverGirlMonument.ogg
        Create shortcut: C:Program Files (x86)Empire InteractiveFlatOut Ultimate CarnageFlatout Ultimate Carnage.lnk
        Create folder: C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsGameExplorer{12BDE76B-2768-4812-BA04-F7547AF838B1}PlayTasks
        Create shortcut: C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsGameExplorer{12BDE76B-2768-4812-BA04-F7547AF838B1}PlayTasksPlay.lnk
        Create folder: C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsGameExplorer{12BDE76B-2768-4812-BA04-F7547AF838B1}SupportTasks
        Create shortcut: C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsGameExplorer{12BDE76B-2768-4812-BA04-F7547AF838B1}SupportTasksHome Page.lnk
        Execute: "I:redistDirectXdxsetup.exe" /silent
        Execute: "msiexec" /I I:redistXLiveRedist01.02.0241.00.msi /quiet
        Execute: "I:redistvcredist_x86.exe" /q
        Completed

If your installation again and again crashes at that msi you can try to replace it with an msi of some other application that can be installed successfully using the /quiet switch. However I am not sure if the game runs without installing the Games for Windows – LIVE Redistributable v1.2 installation package.

maybe “Universal Extractor”

could help u open the msi files and bypass the progress of the checking os

@dox wrote:

first of all, hi ppl. this is my first post on this forum 🙂
        and now here’s the problem. flatout ultimate carnage doesn’t work on server 2008 x64. it says something about xlive, so i tried to install that xliveredist.msi package and it didn’t wanted to install. so i dragged it onto “fix msi.vbs” and it still didn’t want to install. what to do?

Try installing Games for Windows – LIVE package from MS site… 😉

I had pretty much the same problem, I fixed it by a simple reinstall, i know this sounds stupid, but nowadays people sometimes don’t try the simple stuff anymore !

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.