Shared folder in HYPER-V between vm and host

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Miscellaneous Shared folder in HYPER-V between vm and host

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

I can use the ISO file mount method as input for vm but what if i want the opposite ?

How can i transfer files from vm into host ? 🙄

In vmware program there is an option creating a shared folder , hyper-v has the same ?

Thanks

Arris

Hello,

To transfer files from the virtual machine to the host you have to install the Hyper-V Integration Services on the guest Operating System, after that you have a network connection to transfer the files. The following guest Operating Systems are supported:
        – Windows XP 32-bit UP with Service Pack 3 or later
        – Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2 or later
        – Windows Vista 32-bit UP with Service Pack 1 or later
        – Windows Server 2008

For all other Operating Systems the only way to get files from the Virtual Machine is to use a floppy 🙁

@Arris wrote:

Hello,

To transfer files from the virtual machine to the host you have to install the Hyper-V Integration Services on the guest Operating System, after that you have a network connection to transfer the files. The following guest Operating Systems are supported:
        – Windows XP 32-bit UP with Service Pack 3 or later
        – Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2 or later
        – Windows Vista 32-bit UP with Service Pack 1 or later
        – Windows Server 2008

For all other Operating Systems the only way to get files from the Virtual Machine is to use a floppy 🙁

OK but that for internet connection if i want to transfer big files ? internet isn’t practical it’s slow…
        can i create a private network ? how i do that ?

Arris

In the Virtual Network Manager just create an Internal Only network and attach the Virtual Machine to it. Then you will be able to access your host computer’s shares by typing \hostcomputernameshare in the Guest OS.

Viewing 3 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.