Getting Drivers from Windows Update?

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Hardware Compatibility (New) Getting Drivers from Windows Update?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

I just installed Win2k8 on my laptop following your guide. It worked all very well, thanks for the guide!

I do have a problem though: there are a number of unrecognized devices in the device manager at the moment. According to this forum thread, there should be drivers available from Windows Update. Update however, isn’t giving me the option to download them.

Any idea what I could do?

Arris

Hi Karstux,

I made a Tutorial about finding drivers because there are more people that have trouble with drivers. I hope this will work for you. If it does not work, post the exact data of the devices you couldn’t find on this forum so maybe other people can help you.

Good Luck!

Anonymous

Hi Karstux,

I made a Tutorial about finding drivers because there are more people that have trouble with drivers. I hope this will work for you. If it does not work, post the exact data of the devices you couldn’t find on this forum so maybe other people can help you.

Good Luck!

Hi,

I appreciate the time and effort you took to create the tutorial. The Lavalys Everest part was news to me. However, in the forum thread that I linked to in my original post below, it seems that the drivers I’m looking for should be on Windows Update. Except I’m not seeing them…

There could be two reasons for their absence: Either I’m missing some option that tells Windows Update to download and install drivers. Or these specific drivers are only for Vista, not for 2k8…. in which case my other thread would gain significance.

I bet that if we could fool Windows Update into thinking that it runs on Vista, we’d get a lot more drivers from it…

Anonymous

Hi,

I appreciate the time and effort you took to create the tutorial. The Lavalys Everest part was news to me. However, in the forum thread that I linked to in my original post below, it seems that the drivers I’m looking for should be on Windows Update. Except I’m not seeing them…

There could be two reasons for their absence: Either I’m missing some option that tells Windows Update to download and install drivers. Or these specific drivers are only for Vista, not for 2k8…. in which case my other thread would gain significance.

I bet that if we could fool Windows Update into thinking that it runs on Vista, we’d get a lot more drivers from it…

go to your laptops manufacturers site and download the drivers from ther, Vista of course, x86 or x64 depending on which ws2008 you have installed.

Anonymous

go to your laptops manufacturers site and download the drivers from ther, Vista of course, x86 or x64 depending on which ws2008 you have installed.

It’s an Asus V6va laptop, and Asus seems to be too lazy to provide anything else than XP drivers. But I found Vista drivers for most devices now.

Anonymous

It’s an Asus V6va laptop, and Asus seems to be too lazy to provide anything else than XP drivers. But I found Vista drivers for most devices now.

I found this link, which has some of the vista drivers you need including your camera.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=100357

Anonymous

I found this link, which has some of the vista drivers you need including your camera.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=100357

Viewing 10 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.