Bluetooth devices

Problems with drivers and hardware compatibility in Windows Server 2016

Bluetooth devices

Postby derek_k » 22 Apr 2017, 06:19

Despite the fact that Microsoft officially says bluetooth is NOT supported in 2016, it does seem to work partially out of the box.

I was able to install an Asus BT-400 USB adapter (Broadcom, I think). The Bluetooth service activates and I am able to pair devices.

With a paired Android phone: I can transfer files.
With a hands-free / A2DP headphone device: No functionality - no audio output device.

Any idea how to improve the functionality? Would really like to get Bluetooth audio devices working.
derek_k

Re: Bluetooth devices

Postby hivju » 06 Mar 2018, 04:32

derek_k wrote:Despite the fact that Microsoft officially says bluetooth is NOT supported in 2016, it does seem to work partially out of the box.

I was able to install an Asus BT-400 USB adapter (Broadcom, I think). The Bluetooth service activates and I am able to pair devices. Yahoo mail login

With a paired Android phone: I can transfer files.
With a hands-free / A2DP headphone device: No functionality - no audio output device.

Any idea how to improve the functionality? Would really like to get Bluetooth audio devices working.

It does seem to work partially out of the box
hivju

Re: Bluetooth devices

Postby Leodagan » 12 Apr 2018, 20:14

I have the same problem with an Intel mini-PCIe Wi-Fi/Bluetooth combo (AC 8265)

I tried a lot of different drivers from Intel, but it seems to lacks a lot of specific Microsoft drivers for bluetooth protocols (like audio or hands-free)

I wonder if anything could be extracted from a Windows 10 iso to make it work for Windows server 2016 ?
Leodagan

Return to Hardware Compatibility