Snipping Tool

For every Wish a topic to keep stat of the progress.

Snipping Tool

Postby Arris » 12 May 2008, 16:37

Description: Be able to use the Snipping Tool on Windows Server 2008.

Tried:
- Copying C:\Windows\System32\SnippingTool.exe from Windows Vista but the tool doesn't show up when opening.

Solution
Source: http://msftguy.blogspot.com/2008/07/sni ... -love.html (Thanks to msftguy at Blogspot)
1. Create a new directory, SnipTool
2. Copy System32\SnippingTool.exe to SnipTool
3. Copy System32\en-US\SnippingTool.exe.mui to SnipTool\en-US
4. Create a file called SnippingTool.exe.local in SnipTool directory.
5. Download this Zip file
6. Extract the contents of the Zip file, copy slc/x86/slc.dll to SnipTool directory (replace x86 with x64 on a 64-bit OS).
|[ Mainboard: Asus C8HM70-I/HDMI ]|[ CPU: Intel Celeron 847 ]|[ RAM: 8192 MB (DDR3-1600 SDRAM) ]|[ GPU: Intel HD Graphics 2000 ]|[ OS: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Enterprise ]|
User avatar
Arris
Win2008Workstation Admin
Win2008Workstation Admin
 
Posts: 1079
Joined: 08 Mar 2008, 17:10
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Snipping Tool

Postby Day2Die » 12 May 2008, 23:23

Arris wrote:Description: Be able to use the Snipping Tool on Windows Server 2008.

Tried:
- Copying C:\Windows\System32\SnippingTool.exe from Windows Vista but the tool doesn't show up when opening.


Well, I was able to get obtain Microsoft Snapping Tool 2.0 installer, but there the the fun end. I cannot install it because of the Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 requirement. If anybody can remove the installer requirement, here is the installer: http://www.mediafire.com/?ltiir49dz0j
Day2Die
Win2008Workstation Member
Win2008Workstation Member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:38

Re: Snipping Tool

Postby Arris » 13 May 2008, 13:40

I just installed Windows XP Tablet PC Edition in Hyper-V but after starting the Windows XP Tablet PC Experience Pack setup or the setup you uploaded it still says that only Tablet PC versions are supported... :? As a workaround you can use freeware application Snippy.
|[ Mainboard: Asus C8HM70-I/HDMI ]|[ CPU: Intel Celeron 847 ]|[ RAM: 8192 MB (DDR3-1600 SDRAM) ]|[ GPU: Intel HD Graphics 2000 ]|[ OS: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Enterprise ]|
User avatar
Arris
Win2008Workstation Admin
Win2008Workstation Admin
 
Posts: 1079
Joined: 08 Mar 2008, 17:10
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Snipping Tool

Postby Day2Die » 17 May 2008, 14:43

Arris wrote:I just installed Windows XP Tablet PC Edition in Hyper-V but after starting the Windows XP Tablet PC Experience Pack setup or the setup you uploaded it still says that only Tablet PC versions are supported... :? As a workaround you can use freeware application Snippy.


OK, I finally get the Snipping Tool to work on Windows Server 2008 and it can be download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?3ed04mmxx9h
Day2Die
Win2008Workstation Member
Win2008Workstation Member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:38

Re: Snipping Tool

Postby Day2Die » 17 May 2008, 14:56

Day2Die wrote:
Arris wrote:I just installed Windows XP Tablet PC Edition in Hyper-V but after starting the Windows XP Tablet PC Experience Pack setup or the setup you uploaded it still says that only Tablet PC versions are supported... :? As a workaround you can use freeware application Snippy.


OK, I finally get the Snipping Tool to work on Windows Server 2008 and it can be download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?3ed04mmxx9h


Here is a mirror for the snipping tool:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JB5RI61O
Day2Die
Win2008Workstation Member
Win2008Workstation Member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:38

Re: Snipping Tool

Postby eLLioTT » 17 May 2008, 20:57

Thank you so much for this, I have not found a suitable alternative anywhere!

I'm a little confused though, I've never seen this version of the snipping tool before, the Vista one I'm used to just pops up a small dialog box next to what you've snipped (and opens in default rectangle snip).
Is this an older version?

Thanks again.
eLLioTT
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 17 May 2008, 20:50

Re: Snipping Tool

Postby Day2Die » 18 May 2008, 02:39

eLLioTT wrote:Thank you so much for this, I have not found a suitable alternative anywhere!

I'm a little confused though, I've never seen this version of the snipping tool before, the Vista one I'm used to just pops up a small dialog box next to what you've snipped (and opens in default rectangle snip).
Is this an older version?

Thanks again.


Yes, this is Snipping Tool version 2.0 that I took from Experience Pack for Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005. The one from Vista doesn't work.
Day2Die
Win2008Workstation Member
Win2008Workstation Member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:38


Return to Wish List Progress

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest