Forum Replies Created
13th May 2009 at 22:54 in reply to: Help – Windows 7 beta’s sidebar in Server 2008 R2 beta? #48104
Glad to hear you are working on this. I’m looking forward to get a RTM for my desktop. Will see how it performs.
No. I got stuck at “The executable program that this service is configured to run in does not implement the service.”.
I can’t seem to find the reason. Help will gonna be preciated. ❓
Anyway, hopefully I will gonna be installing Win2008 R2 and we will gonna be back at square zero.
Seems this post has been dead. Anyway…
I tried both in x86 and x64.
With x86 it works great. Is not my main OS but I didn’t have any problem. ¡Great!
Tried the same with x64:
– It’s the main OS for my main computer.
– Some files have to be copied from a 64 Vista installation. They differ from the x86 version and when you try to run them the OS won’t start. ecache.sys for example.
– If you do copy the files from a Vista x64 installation, the process run smoothly and without any BSOD or problem. But…
– The ReadyBoost service won’t start. Whenever you try to start the service a dialog box is displayed saying:
– Seems something should be different, at least for a x64 installation. My hunch is that some registry key is harcoded for x86. I will give it a try later to see if I can find the keys in the Vista x64 installation for the registry.
If somebody has any experience to share, it will gonna be welcome.
Edit: Scratch that. I’m looking into some issues with Volume Shadow Copy Service. Seems related to it.
Is because the installation of Win2008/Vista hast issues when working with more than 3GB of RAM.
It’s recommended to leave only 3GB or less, install, and then add the RAM.
What about themes in Remote Apps? (full Terminal Server role)
You can order from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/cc137233.aspx