› Forums › Operating Systems › Windows Server 2008 › Applications Compatibility › Zune 3.0 Software
- This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by RemixedCat.
- 16th September 2008 at 19:31 #43345
I was able to install Zune 2.3 software, but I cannot install the new 3.0 software. It says that it doesn’t support my operating system. Any one found a way around it?
- 17th September 2008 at 15:36 #47162ArrisModerator
Here is how to install Zune v3.0 on Windows Server 2008:
1. Download zunesetuppkg-x86.exe or zunesetuppkg-x64.exe, depending on your systems architecture.
2. Download and install 7-Zip, right click the zunesetuppkg-x86|x64.exe file and choose: 7-Zip -> Extract to “zunesetuppkg-x86|x64”.
3. Install Zune 3.0 by running Zune-x86|x64.msi in the packages folder!
If you want to uninstall Zune 3.0 for some reason, you have to do the following because you can’t remove it via Programs and Features in the Control Panel:
1. Click Run in the Start menu.
2. Enter: msiexec /uninstall “C:full pathtoZune-x86|x64.msi” and click OK.
Good luck! 😉
- 18th November 2008 at 14:58 #47163
If you’re attempting this work-around and the installer appears finished but the Zune icon disappears from your desktop and the installer exits without an error, log in as Administrator even if the account you’re on has administrator access.
- 22nd December 2008 at 05:41 #47164
No matter how many times I try this, the Zune software keeps crashing.
Should I have certain computer settings for this to work?
- 4th May 2009 at 22:56 #47165
Alright, well, for about the better half of the day, I have tried installing Zune 3.0.
I have tried looking through a HexEditor Program, Tried this and tried this. Nothing seems to have worked so far. Could anyone help me out? Thanks!
Once I get it installed, it crashes and says it has stopped responding anyways. When I try to debug, it crashes again.
- 4th May 2009 at 23:50 #47166
- 5th May 2009 at 08:10 #47167ArrisModerator
Merged your post into this topic while they are similar. 😉
What is the exception you are getting? If you get the 0xC0000005 exception, try to disable DEP using the following tutorial: Disable DEP.
- 14th May 2009 at 02:55 #47168
doesn’t WMP11 sync with zunes?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.