Your S2008 Screenshots!

Forums General General Discussion Your S2008 Screenshots!

Viewing 67 reply threads
  • Author

Why not post your Server2008WS screenshots here!!

Here’s Mine:

attached if the other stuff dont work

Fun 🙂 I love the background man, what’s it called if I may ask?

I can upload it to a pix sharing site for you if you want it. It is some fractal BG is all I know of. I think I got it off deviantart randomly I dunno. LOLz.

Yes its orgasmic to my eyes that would be wonderful of you to do 😀 Surely it has a signature or something though? Ah well I hope it’s a good quality and hi-res picture, at least 1280×1024? 😀

But yeah just up it to rapidshare.com for fast and easy 🙂 Thanks heaps!

Not a very popular thread hey! Lol. And yes, i’m using WINDOWBLINDS 6 with my favorite theme from Windowblinds 5 “SexyXP” [it’s not even a Vista theme but I love it].

JonusC:

the wallpaper in question is called “Field of Depth” by Zueuk, one of the main programmers of the fractal generation program called Apophysis.

The artwork in question can be found @ http://zueuk.deviantart.com/art/Field-of-Depth-64459898

@Nevexst wrote:

JonusC:

the wallpaper in question is called “Field of Depth” by Zueuk, one of the main programmers of the fractal generation program called Apophysis.

The artwork in question can be found @ http://zueuk.deviantart.com/art/Field-of-Depth-64459898

Thank you very much! 😀

Now how about a screenshot of your desktop Nevexst? 😛

A little on the bland side admittedly. But I’m working on it 🙂

w00t! Now we have three 😀

It’s not bland, its…… nice…… ;D

mine. nothing fancy about it, I use it for work.

@Nevexst wrote:

JonusC:

Thanks for posting this! I was just about to!! 😛

Sly *bump*

Anyone else have screenshots?

I am getting my new PC today 😀 and will share another one… recently found a few sites for Themes/Styles that work well in Aero! With a patched uxtheme.dll to allow “unsigned styles” of course 🙂 If nyone is interested in what I found [there is a LOT of crappy ones] just ask and i might start a new thread for “Server 2008 Themes”. Peace!

yes I would like a link to decent themes. Most of the themes have issues like some elements are not loading right and have pink bars from most of the ones I googled for. I would like some that also work the the compozition properly.

My Win 2k8 x64 Gaming desktop with Czech language pack and beta sp2… 😉
      [attachment=0:3epbpxhf]win2k8-desktop.jpg[/attachment:3epbpxhf]

nice. any issues with fallout 3???

Fallout 3 works perfectly here.

Nice wallpapers those last three, especially the last one =)

I have uploaded the pic to ImageShack

will post my new one shortly.

Here is mine people !

Cool stuff! Thanks for the wallpaper too *stolen*

Here is my new one, I think you guys might be interested in a few things in this one so take a look….. try and guess what has been modded [three things in total] and if you give up, the answer is below hehe!

[attachment=0:1nhv3jg3]Screenie_dfjskfj.jpg[/attachment:1nhv3jg3]

Give up?

1) Windows 7-ish theme [easy]
      2) 64×64 icons IN DETAILS view [only for Videos and Pictures foldertype, “All Items” is 32×32 :D] [This was tricky to do]
      3) “Videos” and “Search” added to Start Menu [VERY hard to do, and a little bit buggy still – namely the Videos shortcut]

😉

Here’s mine. Love my background. I got it off this one site that randomly generates wallpapers. will post link later.

@RemixedCat wrote:

Love my background.

Yeah I love those fantasmagorical-like surreal wallpapers of planets and stuff in the sky, digital art can be so cool…

Arris

Your taskbar looks nice, JonusC! Where did you get that Windows 7 skin from?

@Arris wrote:

Your taskbar looks nice, JonusC! Where did you get that Windows 7 skin from?

It’s one of these two –
        http://www.askvg.com/update-download-windows-7-pdc-theme-for-windows-vista/
        http://www.askvg.com/yet-another-windows-7-theme-for-windows-vista/
        …taken from the “Vista to Se7en without Transformation Pack” article at…
        http://www.askvg.com/transform-windows-vista-into-windows-7-without-using-customization-pack/

…be sure to get the modifed files that allow unsigned themes. Found at…
        http://www.askvg.com/how-to-apply-3rd-party-themes-in-windows-vista-and-server-2008-without-using-any-software/
        …includes Vista SP1 and Server 2008 files, both x64 and x86.

EDIT: That Vishal Gupta guy has some nice guides on his site for modding.
        EDIT2: RemixedCat, I just noticed that you’ve blurred/censored out some of your labels lol…. whenever I see censoring on a screenshot, I ALWAYS get curious…! But then just assume it’s something personally identifiable [or morally questionable, who cares heh]

the blurs:personal stuff. 🙂 too lazy to get them off the desktop for the screen shot. 😛

BTW if you want a little bit of Windows 7 look and feel look at these two programs:
        -the Aero Peek feature: http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21667
        -the Aero Snap feature (love this one): http://www.aerosnap.de/index_eng.htm
        -and finally the Areo Shake feature: http://lifehacker.com/5082279/aero-shake-clears-your-pre+windows-7-desktop

Arris

Thanks JonusC and frauhottelmann, I will tweak my GUI this weekend! 🙂

Well be sure to post a screenshot =)

Well, I re-did my desktop a little bit. Now with some Win7 theme!

Background picture

heres mine!

wow that’s very clean. My taskbar has like 10 icons on it right now. But I am a profuse multitasker. I also have so many projects I’m working on.

@RemixedCat wrote:

nice. any issues with fallout 3???

Sorry, but I don’t tried Fallout3 yet… 🙂

[attachment=0:jgn7ygsd]win2k8_desktop.jpg[/attachment:jgn7ygsd]
          current desktop @ new wide 22″ screen… 😉

@RemixedCat wrote:

wow that’s very clean. My taskbar has like 10 icons on it right now. But I am a profuse multitasker. I also have so many projects I’m working on.

I used to be like that RemixedCat. A few years ago I found a program called “Tray Commander”, and I can’t live without it…. =)

[attachment=0:x7v4648o]traycommander.jpg[/attachment:x7v4648o]

For something like that I am using Object Dock with the Stack docklet!

Here’s mine

Arris

Past weeks I didn’t have the time to mod my Windows Server 2008, but here you have a screenshot. Thanks to JonusC for the theme![attachment=0:251ixbnz]Win2008Desktop.jpg[/attachment:251ixbnz]Background: InterfaceLIFT – Country Waterfall, Coudray-salbert, France.

tried to use the windows 7 theme, liked eveything but the toolbar is white. it bothers me. it clashes with too many wallpapers that are dark. specially blue ones. and when you use bold colors with the built in color changing thingy it messes with your eyes alot. I prefer to have a colored toolbar. one that goes with my background.

Nice desktop guys! You’re welcome Arris!

RemixedCat, sorry to hear that. I know exactly what you mean though. This Windows 7 theme I shared though is the ONLY one I could find (there are HEAPS) that didn’t have any immediate graphical glitches, and it has the highest quality compared to all the rest. Not sure I understand what you mean about “White toolbar”, apart from the fact that the theme is too ‘light’ so to speak for your tastes…?

Anyway I personally think it looks great with every background, but I have my saturation in the colour mixer pretty low (so it’s more white/clear than anything with barely any colour tinting). But i’m always looking for more…

If you guys find any themes that are sleek, clean, and don’t look crappy/dodgy like most do, be sure to share with us!

I will release a theme/wallpaper pack shortly while I tag it all for easy sorting. I got 300MBs so far!

will post on multiple fileshare sites so stay tuned!

Megaupload link [http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S50UZKNB]

will upload to more later the upload speed on my connection is painful. and my preferred sites only allow 100MB file sizes and they have faster upload speeds.

Put the files where needed on the theme dir. You should know how to do this by now. The wallpapers should go into your C:WindowsWebWallpaper folder for easy switching.

I will later on release an auto extracter for each soon.

Arris

That’s a nice package! Downloaded it and I’m currently using the Water Element msstyle.

For those who don’t know how to use the Visual Styles: extract the folder of the style you like to %windir%ResourcesThemes, open the extracted folder, doubleclick the .msstyles file and click Apply to use it!

Oh there is also a utility to bring up the names of the themes in your style selector

becuase it does not list the names of the styles, it just has “aero”,”windows vista basic” and repeats for every style set instead of listing the name.

(when you go to color selection>open up the classic app. menu>then it will list styles like aero,basic,etc the names for the themes are not listed) so here’s the application:

it is called vistadeskhack
              http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=9edd0d9abec0463be5c3dee5769931ece04e75f6e8ebb871

http://www.mediafire.com/?iohin2zyzig

and here’s the result:

extract files then right click and run as administrator and there! the names show up on the style selection menu instead of just aero and basic, etc!

Wow thanks for sharing VistaDeskHack! I had a similar thing that did the same thing, but it actually hacked the themeui.dll file or something like that, but this one is much better as it just registers it’s own DLL, it will probably work on every version of Windows 6/Vista/2008 – very nice!!!

Downloading you themepack now… kudos for the upload 😉 If i may ask, how many are actually Windows Vista themes? I only ask because using XP themes in Vista from my experience ruins my taskbar and startmenu 🙁

Arris

@RemixedCat wrote:

Oh there is also a utility to bring up the names of the themes in your style selector

Thanks for this application. Works better than just deleting the styles you aren’t using at the moment! 😆

They are all vista themes. 🙂 Hope you enjoy them! The vista desk hack makes it sooo much easier to select styles!

I basically have a theme for every month and a wallpaper for every week. I do have enough themes on my HD to have one every week and a different wallpaper every day of the year, however I will not upload that many yet. this is pretty much the best of pack.

oh and post those screeenshots!

here’s mine! (untill next week LOLz)

Here’s mine

Excuse the shot quality [blame teh dialup] lol

For those who may not know. The shell is blackbox for windows. BB4WIN distros
                The Explorer shell has been banned from my system since 2004.

[attachment=0:8gjtgl0s]Untitled.gif[/attachment:8gjtgl0s]

It’s me again! I am using a new theme and background!

I just switched my wallpaper. I do that quite often, I just want to share this one, I took the picture this afternoon in my garden…

steelflash100k-theme

05-13-09

heres my desktop, its pretty basic but it works
                -my wallpaper is a combination of three product Red and Blue backgrounds.
                –link http://archangelx2.deviantart.com/art/Windows-Product-Red-and-Blue-91526268
                -the gadgets all come from the windows site or red&blue

@frauhottelmann wrote:

I just switched my wallpaper. I do that quite often, I just want to share this one, I took the picture this afternoon in my garden…

man nice toolbar where i could find it 🙂 ?

Well here is mine

tchuddi,

Are you using the standard windows shell? How do you get Opera on the taskbar to occupy all the vacant space like that!?!? I want to do that!

@JonusC wrote:

tchuddi,

Are you using the standard windows shell? How do you get Opera on the taskbar to occupy all the vacant space like that!?!? I want to do that!

Yes, its standard explorer
                go to regedit
                HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelDesktopWindowMetrics
                find “MinWidth” and change value data to some high number, lets say 32000 (if you want taskbar like I have. You dont need to use so high number, because its minimum in pixels, but its easist way how to make it works and to be sure its enought long 😉 )

For others (if you change it to 58 than you will get taksbar icons like in W7)

@tchuddi wrote:

find “MinWidth” and change value data to some high number […] For others (if you change it to 58 than you will get taksbar icons like in W7)

Aha, easy – I should have known that haha. Well i’m actually running Server 2008 R2, so I don’t know if it’ll work but i’ll give it a go 🙂 cheers!

My current Win 2008 R2 desktop. The background is Main Pack from Wolfpark, downloaded from here.

nice background I like woofies too! 🙂

Mine belive it or not is still the same from may! same theme and bg! I like it so much it is very comfy for me. I love glassy themes.

the default r2 aero one is not much to look at. too minimalistic IMO. I love my dark and vibrant themes.

@RemixedCat wrote:

nice background I like woofies too! 🙂

+1 😎

I’m still trying to get my Aero working via Remote Desktop Connection (My R2 is in a VM). I had connected once but there was no Aero, now I can’t connect. Arris pointed me to a tutorial so I’ll check that as I probably missed a step again.

maybe teh people who make vmware can make it work. like have a virtual nvidia 8800GT or somethin. that way it will pass the WDDM.

I’m using VirtualBox as Microsoft’s Virtual PC doesn’t support 64-bit guests and VMWare costs money unless you get a beta which I couldn’t find.

I was one of the rare few who found a beta 🙂 I got it. runs a 64 bit guest just fine for me. I’m sure there are other ways to find the beta…I am going to try R2 on it when I have enough time. Doing some architecture designs right now soooooo busy!

W00000t 😆

MinWidth doesn’t work on Windows 7 RTM (it doesnt exist, I killed explorer and created the key, restarted explorer, no effect). Bugger. Just like IconSize doesnt work for Details view anymore in x64 Explorer 🙁 I miss my 24×24 icons in Details!

Yeah, for those who remember me I havn’t been active as i’ve been working and moved over to Windows 7 RTM/Gold since becomming a member of MSDN. Busy busy busy, dreaming about AJAX and PHP every damn night 🙄

Bye bye until I post another random message in (probably) another few months… 🙁

I dream of architecture every nite LOLz.

I shall take your place here! Mwhahaha!

Expect alot more posts once I get my VM upgraded and broken into R2. Running R1 becuase my architecture software does not work right in R2.

Anonymous

Here’s Mine, bit bland.

😉

Viewing 67 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.