Your favourite Antivirus Program?

Forums General General Discussion Your favourite Antivirus Program?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Hey Dudes,

gotta question for you all. What is your favourite Antivirus Program and why do you use it?

My favourite program at the moment is Kaspersky 7, but i’m tending to NOD, just because it’s better for the system performance

Arris

I am currently using NOD32 v3 AntiVirus Business Edition because it’s a light weight AntiVirus that works fine. I have been using Symantec Corporate in the past, I liked that one too, because it’s much faster than the normal Symantec Norton Home products! I also used Kaspersky for some time and like NOD32 I think it’s also good AntiVirus software. Products I don’t like because they are way too sluggish are Norton Antivirus/Internet Security 200* and McAfee Antivirus/Firewall software.

@Arris wrote:

Products I don’t like because they are way too sluggish are Norton Antivirus/Internet Security 200* and McAfee Antivirus/Firewall software.

i totally agree

i remembered also when i used bitdefender. gotta say, that this was no bad program, really not. But i had often problems with my keys and the software in general

Does anyone have experiences with AVG and Avast? Even though the don’t perform on WS2008 i heard they are pretty nice

i using AVG for many years, actualy security network edition on x64 server 2008 stadard. i try many others antivirus but avg fit for me perfect.

the 2 AntiVirus packages I really like are:

NOD32 Business Edition: It is very light weight, runs in the background without slowing your system down, and have a nice clean user interface. It seems also highly effective at catching viri. Unfortunately its not free, and the business edition is expensive for the average home user. Other than that no complaints with this package, its my personal favorite except for the price tag.

AVG FREE v8: AVG Free provides rock solid protection against viri, I have yet to have any system infections while running AVG. Version 8 also puts a stop to manditory daily scans, which used to annoy me about version 7. Also included is Anti Spyware, and some browser integration. I use AVG Free mainly because I am happy with the overal protection, and it doesn’t cost anything, it can also be twinked to work on server operating systems, the foot print is questionable, but in my opinion its within an acceptable range, I don’t think its as light weight as NOD32, but its certainly a lot less resource intensive than other products out there. Lastly AVG 8 usually catches viri, other packages might not detect.

The worst Anti virus in the world – Without a doubt anything that has Norton in the title. Norton anti virus will bring your system to its knees, infact if you run Norton AV, your system will function as sluggish just like if it was infected with a virus, don’t trust the packaging and flashly user interface, stay well away from Norton, it also doesn’t offer much in the line of system protection.

ClamWin 🙂

Works fine on Windows 2008 x64

But ClamWin has no On-Access feature, it is only for on-demand …

I use McAffee VirusScan Enterprise 8.5 with the Anti-Spyware module for it …

None at all, they’re useless anyway. It’s not that hard not to get infected in the first place – just don’t click on email attachments, use a browser with no known vulnerabilities and generally don’t execute shady stuff.

And when a virus scanner does discover a virus in your system, it’s too late to act. You have been compromised, the virus may have installed other undisclosed malware and/or backdoors, and you’re better off reinstalling.

Antivirus programs are snake oil.

I liked avast on XPSP3 but in server 08 it has missing parts here and there. It loses itself evey time it starts up half of the options do not load and it stalls massivly. I am using moon for now. I might have to get another copy somehow. But at least moon is lean and avast is very thick.

I think the antivirus companies made viruses just so they can sell us thier antivirus programs.

AVG just let a trojan though – amazingly windows defender picked it up and deleted the file…

Goodbye AVG!!!

@MichaelL wrote:

AVG just let a trojan though – amazingly windows defender picked it up and deleted the file…

Goodbye AVG!!!

My sister had it on her vista laptop this AVG and it could not count viruses right. It was funny.

Viewing 10 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.