x264 / DirectShow / AviSynth on Windows Server 2008 SP2

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Applications Compatibility x264 / DirectShow / AviSynth on Windows Server 2008 SP2

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Hello,
      I’m having a hard time getting x264 or DirectShow to work (with AviSynth) to open video files on Windows Server 2008 SP2 (32 bit). The AviSynth part isn’t relevant, it can’t open the mpeg the video files because Windows can’t. This of course works great on a normal Windows 7 workstation, but not Windows Server 2008 SP2. I’ve tried installing the below, but I always get the error “No combination of filters could be found to render the stream”. I’m using DirectShowSource, but I don’t have to … I’m open that can open most formats your average Windows 7 machine can handle.

I’ve installed:
      – “Desktop Extensions” – which installed Media Player and codecs
      – Windows 2008 x264 Update KB2483177, but it’s only for R2
      – DirectX
      – haali media splitter and ffdshow
      – Windows Media Services (for streaming, this supposedly had the mpeg codecs, but it doesn’t)
      – Windows Essentials Media Codec Pack
      – K-Lite Codec Pack Full VLC
      – QuickTime
      – Tried copying mpeg.dll codecs from 32 bit Windows 7 to Server and regsvr32’ing them, but get error
      – Tried copying *.AX filters from 32 bit Windows 7 to server and regsvr32’ing, but still get AVS error

AVS Script:
      video0 = DirectShowSource(“video0.avi”, fps=30, pixel_type=”RGB24″, Audio=false)
      video1 = DirectShowSource(“video1.avi”, fps=30, pixel_type=”RGB24″, Audio=false)
      Dissolve(video0, video1, 30)

Command Line:
      x264 test.avs -o test.mp4 –bframes 3 –ref 3 –vbv-maxrate 2500 –vbv-bufsize=25000 –level 40 –threads

AVS Error:
      avs [error]: “No combination of filters could be found to render the stream”

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.